1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Trigger] How Can you Change a Units Range in Game?

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by fargs, Mar 15, 2007.

1. fargs

fargs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, so my question is, is it possible to change a units range in game, whether it be with triggers or an aura like the move speed bonus with command aura?

2. VampireHeart

VampireHeart

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    There is a trigger for acquisition range is that what you mean?

• Unit - Set (Triggering unit) acquisition range to 0.00

If not than i would think the only possability is a item abill. Cuz there is no trigger :confused:. Maby JASS?

3. Dalaran_Guard

Dalaran_Guard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can use unit upgrades similar to the Night Elf Longbows. That is probably your best shot, but I guess it all depends on the specific situation...

4. paskovich

paskovich

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That action does not work, try it yourself... I had many problems with this issue.

Btw, you can set seeing range by upgrades too, but note that it cannot be reversed!

5. fargs

fargs

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, i what i want to happen is whenever he aquires a certain item for his range to increase then when he looses that item his range goes back to normal.... could i just have the upgrade apply to him and then take it away? and if so how do i apply the upgrade then remove it?

6. fargs

fargs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whats the item Ability name that does this function?

yes, if there is an Item ability function for it, WHAT is it?! lol because that would actually be optimal
    THanks

7. Trashbite

Trashbite

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can use upgrades like Night Elf Longbows or Rifleman Long Rifles to increase range, and set the upgrade level via triggers (Player - Set Current Research Level). However, I think that you cannot reverse this effect, and only increase the range.

Alternatively you can use a morph spell (like Druid of the Claws' Bear Form), and give the unit you are morphing into the same stats, model and abilitys, just less/more range.