• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] How Can you Change a Units Range in Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, i what i want to happen is whenever he aquires a certain item for his range to increase then when he looses that item his range goes back to normal.... could i just have the upgrade apply to him and then take it away? and if so how do i apply the upgrade then remove it?

Level 2
You can use upgrades like Night Elf Longbows or Rifleman Long Rifles to increase range, and set the upgrade level via triggers (Player - Set Current Research Level). However, I think that you cannot reverse this effect, and only increase the range.

Alternatively you can use a morph spell (like Druid of the Claws' Bear Form), and give the unit you are morphing into the same stats, model and abilitys, just less/more range.

Status
Not open for further replies.