• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i run the sims 3 without origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I guess the only long term solution is to accept that it needs origin now.

there is also no guarantee that origin will not hack into the game again.
It is probably incorporated into one of the patches. Much like how the BattleNet 2.0 application was made mandatory for launching all modern Blizzard games.

You could try cracks to remove the origin requirement. However these are highly illegal (no one from here will help you), might introduce bugs into the game and can even contain malware. I would strongly recommend trying to fix up origin rather than even thinking of using a crack.

Additionally some vendors like Good Old Games legally sell games with their DRM removed or legally and safely cracked. Copies from such a site might not require Origin to operate. However as the name suggests, if the game is reasonably new then do not expect to find it on sale there. Such companies usually specialize on picking up abandonware or games which owners no longer care much about.

Level 21
my problem is that i got the sims 3 before origin was released and i could play even the latest expansion without origin until i ran origin and it hacked into the game. i have only one of the expansions on origin and i can not add the others to origin directly. only way to play the latest expansion through origin would be to buy it again, through origin. that would endanger my credit card and use up a lot of my money. i also run the game logged off which i can not do through origin. there never was an origin requirement.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You should really contact EA about this. Not that they will be helpful (there is a reason they are often voted the worst game company) but at least they will be more helpful than what you can get here. This site has nothing to do with any EA game so asking for EA related technical support here will almost certainly get you nowhere.

Level 21
i already posted on their forums and they refused to help me. instead they tried to convince me to go for origin. even though they offer no support for origin directly. nobody on the EA support forum wants to help me so therefore i ask for help here. please help me out.

Level 21
the sims 3 can run without origin and it worked perfectly before i started origin. you have not provided any solutions so far so please do. running it through origin is not an option because i lack origin licenses for most expansions and the basic pack.

Last edited:
Level 15
the sims 3 can run without origin and it worked perfectly before i started origin. you have not provided any solutions so far so please do. running it through origin is not an option because i lack origin licenses for most expansions and the basic pack.

Like I said, revert to an older patch

Also why can't you put the CD keys you do own into Origin, it does accept disk keys.

Level 21
as i said, that requires a complete reinstall. that is only as a last solution.(i lost the cd though and as result that solution can not be used.) that solution was already known to me. origin does not accept the old cd keys and that is the problem. another problem is that i always play the sims 3 while logged off and origin does not allow that. maybe there is a way to alter the registry but what registry key i would need to edit i do not know.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
that means that there must be some kind of link in the system through the registry.
Without the source code of the software in question it is impossible to know how it is using/evaluating registry entries.

If you are using a "shortcut" then maybe the shortcut target has been changed to target origin rather than the game executable. You can alter shortcut target paths by right clicking on them and selecting properties. In the window that pops up it will list the target and start in paths. Change target to be the executable and the start in to be the root folder of the executable.

Do remember that Sims 3 uses DRM. Origin is EAs current DRM solution. It is possible that Origin has replaced the DRM component of whatever Sims 3 used to use previously so now it is always required. Hence a complete uninstalling of origin and reinstall of Sims 3 is recommended and almost certainly the only solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.