1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

how can i run the sims 3 without origin

Discussion in 'Computer Tech' started by andreasaspenberg, Feb 18, 2016.

1. andreasaspenberg

andreasaspenberg

Resources:
    Resources:
    i have the original dvd version of the sims 3 but, for some reason it have begun starting origin despite the fact that i have never owned the origin version. that in return prevents me from playing it. any solution you can give me?

2. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    revert to an earlier patch

3. andreasaspenberg

andreasaspenberg

Resources:
    Resources:
    only way to do that would be to uninstall the entire game. there is also no guarantee that origin will not hack into the game again.

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I guess the only long term solution is to accept that it needs origin now.

It is probably incorporated into one of the patches. Much like how the BattleNet 2.0 application was made mandatory for launching all modern Blizzard games.

You could try cracks to remove the origin requirement. However these are highly illegal (no one from here will help you), might introduce bugs into the game and can even contain malware. I would strongly recommend trying to fix up origin rather than even thinking of using a crack.

Additionally some vendors like Good Old Games legally sell games with their DRM removed or legally and safely cracked. Copies from such a site might not require Origin to operate. However as the name suggests, if the game is reasonably new then do not expect to find it on sale there. Such companies usually specialize on picking up abandonware or games which owners no longer care much about.

5. andreasaspenberg

andreasaspenberg

Resources:
    Resources:
    my problem is that i got the sims 3 before origin was released and i could play even the latest expansion without origin until i ran origin and it hacked into the game. i have only one of the expansions on origin and i can not add the others to origin directly. only way to play the latest expansion through origin would be to buy it again, through origin. that would endanger my credit card and use up a lot of my money. i also run the game logged off which i can not do through origin. there never was an origin requirement.

6. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    "there never was origin requirement", well not there is, deal with it

7. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pirate the game

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You should really contact EA about this. Not that they will be helpful (there is a reason they are often voted the worst game company) but at least they will be more helpful than what you can get here. This site has nothing to do with any EA game so asking for EA related technical support here will almost certainly get you nowhere.

9. andreasaspenberg

andreasaspenberg

Resources:
    Resources:
    i already posted on their forums and they refused to help me. instead they tried to convince me to go for origin. even though they offer no support for origin directly. nobody on the EA support forum wants to help me so therefore i ask for help here. please help me out.

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    We already have. There is no help you can get from us because as far as we know it is not possible to run Sims 3 without Origin anymore.

Try a dedicated Sims support site. Those people may have a better understanding about the game.

11. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    The most I could suggest is to use "Go Offline" in Origin.

12. andreasaspenberg

andreasaspenberg

Resources:
    Resources:
    the sims 3 can run without origin and it worked perfectly before i started origin. you have not provided any solutions so far so please do. running it through origin is not an option because i lack origin licenses for most expansions and the basic pack.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  13. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like I said, revert to an older patch

Also why can't you put the CD keys you do own into Origin, it does accept disk keys.

14. andreasaspenberg

andreasaspenberg

Resources:
    Resources:
    as i said, that requires a complete reinstall. that is only as a last solution.(i lost the cd though and as result that solution can not be used.) that solution was already known to me. origin does not accept the old cd keys and that is the problem. another problem is that i always play the sims 3 while logged off and origin does not allow that. maybe there is a way to alter the registry but what registry key i would need to edit i do not know.

15. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There are no other solutions. You will have to reinstall I am afraid. The origin update has probably deleted all the old executables that did not use origin so now it is permanently part of the install.

16. andreasaspenberg

andreasaspenberg

Resources:
    Resources:
    i reinstalled the last expansion so, its executables have nothing to do with origin. despite that it still executes origin. that means that there must be some kind of link in the system through the registry.

17. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Without the source code of the software in question it is impossible to know how it is using/evaluating registry entries.

If you are using a "shortcut" then maybe the shortcut target has been changed to target origin rather than the game executable. You can alter shortcut target paths by right clicking on them and selecting properties. In the window that pops up it will list the target and start in paths. Change target to be the executable and the start in to be the root folder of the executable.

Do remember that Sims 3 uses DRM. Origin is EAs current DRM solution. It is possible that Origin has replaced the DRM component of whatever Sims 3 used to use previously so now it is always required. Hence a complete uninstalling of origin and reinstall of Sims 3 is recommended and almost certainly the only solution.

18. andreasaspenberg

andreasaspenberg

Resources:
    Resources:
    the sims 3 used cd check