• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] How can i make a unit move to a point (not instantly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm newb at using triggers an i relly need help :cry: ..... I'm sick of searching on the forum so [RAINBOW]plzzzz help [/RAINBOW]:cute:

Level 19
You should have told him how to remove the leaks.

• Remove Leaks
    • Events
      • Your event
    • Conditions
  • Your Condition
    • Actions
      • Set point_variable = (Center of (X))
      • Unit - Order (X) to Move To point_variable
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point_variable)
Open the triggerwindow and press Ctrl + B if you don't know how to open the variable window.

Level 3
umm....yeah....but i wanted to know (i'm sorry i've not specified) how can i make my unit move with higher speed than 522 ..... to move the unit to another unit.... :bored:

Level 3
You should have told him how to remove the leaks.

• Remove Leaks
    • Events
      • Your event
    • Conditions
  • Your Condition
    • Actions
      • Set point_variable = (Center of (X))
      • Unit - Order (X) to Move To point_variable
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point_variable)
Open the triggerwindow and press Ctrl + B if you don't know how to open the variable window.

yes this sounds cool...i know how to open the variables window....but wht variables i must create?
:sad:

Level 9
Angelx, you can't make unit move faster than 522 by the Object Editor. To make it move somehow faster, you'll have to use the 'move unit instantly to point' on a short distance and run it every short period of time.
An example:
  • blah01
    • Events:
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions:
    • Actions:
      • Set TempPoint1 = Position of [the_unit]
      • Set TempPoint2 = TempPoint1 with offset 20 [(total distance your unit have to move to) x (time), here it's: 500 x 0.04] facing (Facing of ([the_unit]))
      • Unit - Move [the_unit] instantly to TempPoint2
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint2)
As to your question about creating variables, you press the green 'X' icon in the variable window, then a new window appears where you enter the variables name and specify its type. The type of variable used in the trigger above is 'Point'. Then you hit 'Ok' button, and you're done - you've created your first variable!

Status
Not open for further replies.