• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I make a trigger that has to do with killing an army?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys. Im making a quest map and i cant make a trigger where you get rid of a small group of 20 orcs. Any suggestions on how to make that trigger?

Level 23
When the quest starts, simply enable a trigger that detects whenever a orc or whatever you wish dies.

You will then need a integer variable starting at 0 which you increase by 1 every time an orc dies.

Lastly youll need a condition to track when that variable reaches the quest requirements, ala 20 orcs.

sPy

sPy

Level 21
Please read it :D
I added a lot of explanations for you to understand.
  • Make
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Firstly, we're going to add a quest --------
      • -------- -------------------- --------
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Orcs Hunter with the description Kill 20 orcs, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Set Quest[1] = Last Created Quest
      • -------- Why do we set it into a quest-type variable? Because we want to transfer them to other triggers. --------
      • -------- Variables can be used to store a data. --------
      • -------- Variables are also useful in transferring data to other triggers. --------
  • Objective
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Grunt
    • Actions
      • -------- Actions: A unit dies. <- It simply means that this trigger will be executed when a unit dies. --------
      • -------- Conditons: Unit type of (Triggering Unit) equal to Grunt. <- This means if the dead unit is a grunt, then the trigger will be executed. --------
      • -------- If the quest is meant to be single player, then make the integer-type variable has no array, like below. --------
      • Set QuestKillOrcCount = QuestKillOrcCount + 1
      • -------- If the quest is meant to be multiplayer, then make the integer-type variable has array, like below. --------
      • Set QuestKillOrcCount[Player number of (Owner of (Killing Unit)) = QuestKillOrcCount[Player number of (Owner of (Killing Unit))] + 1
      • -------- ^ Please choose only one of them --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • -------- If it is meant for single player, the conditions should be like below: --------
          • QuestKillOrcCount Equal to 20
          • -------- If it is meant for multiplayer, the conditions should be like below: --------
          • QuestKillOrcCount[Player number of (Owner of (Killing Unit))] Equal to 20
        • Then - Actions
          • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Completed
          • -------- You might want to display that quest is complete --------
          • -------- So we'll display a message, like the example below --------
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Killing unit)))) the text: Quest complete
        • Else - Actions
      • -------- We don't want it to be excuted further anymore. But if this is meant to be multiplayer quest, then don't do the action below. --------
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • -------- Q: What is QuestKillOrcCount? --------
      • -------- A: It is a integer-type variable. It's role in this trigger is to count the number of orcs you killed. So, QuestKillOrcCount + 1 means, the number of orcs you killed + 1. Simple enough? --------

Last edited:
Level 2
Probably a stupid question, i mean ive done your trigger you mentioned in the first response. But where can i find the integer action? i mean, what catagory is it under. I have the variables and stuff, i just cant find the action.

sPy

sPy

Level 21
HowToTrigger.JPG
Have you put the conditions? If you haven't, they're in Integer Comparison. Put the QuestKillOrcCount at the comparison like what I've done.

For actions, I used only Quest actions, Setting Variables actions, Game actions and Trigger actions.

Finding them:

When you want to add actions, there should be "Action Type" box at above the actions box. You could find Quest, Game, Trigger actions easily by using that.
HowToTrigger2.JPG

To find Setting Variables actions, just press S when you clicked "Add Actions"

Level 2
Anyone got any cool spells? I need fire spells and ice spells for my heros lvl 1 abilites. The levels go to 100 Abilite lvls:
1st=15
2nd=10
3rd=8
4th=6

Level 2
hmmmm, okay. I kinda wanted an ability that blinked around the battlefield, but not omnislash. Like he would blink to a random guy and create this ice pillar or sumthin, then blink to the next guy.

Another one would be ma fire spell, which would charge for etc. time and then send a fiery circle out that enveloped enimes.

Another spell would be his final, where he leaps into the air and uses some epic ability.

Any suggestions?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1st - fire melee
Flamse slash.
Aimed to be a primary use ability. It deals low damage but with some splash and has short cooldown so can be cast repetitivly to a degree. Use as a anti surround where it does more damage otherwise for few targets attacking normally should be better.

2nd - fire melee
Immolate.
Activatable skill (on/off). When activated summons an imploding fire nova that goes from the outside inwards towards the hero dealing damage. Damage dealt is reasonable (more than 1st skill) with more damage being dealt close to the middle. Enchants sword with fire while active buffing melee damage (no splash though) and improving flame slash with extra damage. Turning on has a moderate cost (due to nova power) and while active will drain mana.

3ird skill - fire melee
Combust.
Active ability with passive. Passivly causes attacks and flame slash to now deal some damage over time for a period of time. Flame slash causes light damage over time and normal attacks medium which do not stack (best takes piority). Damage dealt from these should be considered a bonuse so not a mjor power increase. Active effect throws a firebolt from the sword at a target which deals heavy damage over time fire damage for a long time. Active fire damage does not stack with weaker fire damage (overwrites them).

4th - fire melee
Fire Storm
Uninteruptable channeled transformation (like whirlwind of the blademaster). When activated the hero becomes immune to stuns but unable to cast spells for the duration of the ability (he can still move, like the blademaster). When moving, deals heavy AoE damage around hero in a medium radius. When the hero focuses on a unit (tries to attack) it deals extreem damage to the target. The graphics fary from fire everywhere to only fire on the target depending on how it is being used. Should probably deal some friendly fire damage (to make use more situational). Meant to have long cooldown so other spells get used during major battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.