• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i make a tip trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello again i got me another problem i just cant figure out how to make a decent tips trigger thats easy to make and maybe requires no variables. i dont mind how its made but if you can show me a good tips trigger. i would be much abliged.

P.S. can you also tell me how to set the food limit to 300 so i can make 300 units or more?

Level 5
Well, to your first question, I don't think there is a way to make a "Tips" trigger without at least 1 variable, so if you would like me to explain how to make it, reply back and I'll try to give you a step by step tutorial of how you could make it. To your second question, if you have already changed the max food limit in "Gameplay Constants" to max, i don't think there is a way to change it past 300. Sorry I couldn't be more help..

Level 4
response

Ya i would love to learn how but please put it i n the simplest of steps. like this for example for when i need to know how to use the variable

Variable.
goes here <------

Variable type
goes here <----

and so on just so my nooby trigger brain can get it right lol

Level 8
P.S. can you also tell me how to set the food limit to 300 so i can make 300 units or more?

on the main menu of Wc3 World editor, and click in the same order:
1 Advanced (top bar)
2 gameplay constants
3 click "use custom gameplay constants"
4 search for "Food Limit" and double click it
5 type in your own custom food limit
6 click on "OK"
done.

^^

Level 8
for cases like that:

hold the shift key and press enter when over the "food limit" thingy, you'll be able to go above 300 and below zero if you wanted. this works for all custom values ^^

Level 8
good to be helpfull,

this "Shift + enter" thing is quite funny to be honest,

example:
Ability: starfall
Targets allowed: Friendly, self, allied, etc.etc.
damage: -200

meaning they get healed. its nice to be able to change things ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.