• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] How can i make a spell like in this picture??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello, i was browsing the model section and i came upon Mythic's Piercing Thrust

one of his previews for the model shows this picture:
159671-3a83c73d723f494570bae1f7f6f80e4b.gif

And it got me wondering how can i make a spell just like this, dealing damage on a straight line while creating the special effect pointing to the current facing of the caster? at first i tried modifying carrion swarm or crushing wave, but it seems these always do damage on a cone regardless of the values on the object editor (but maybe i did it wrong, idk)

Any advice is welcome!

Level 6
Hey there, thank you all for the different suggestions, i will try Devalut's first as it seems to be the simplest, if it doesn't work i'll either ask xYours Trulyx to extract the stab ability from his old map or use the system Deserted mentioned, my reason is that i don't like bloating my map with systems, not when i'm only going to use it just for a single ability, i preffer to keep it as simple as possible, but thanks a lot anyway, have some tasty rep you all lol

Status
Not open for further replies.