• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i get dark colony to install in windows 7 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Find the button on your tower that opens your CD drive. Press it. Remove your CD from any packaging it might be in. Place the CD in the drive. Press the button again. Wait. If nothing happens after a minute, open My Computer. Your CD drive is likely to be called 'D:'. Open it. Follow the instructions that appear.

Level 34
Are you expecting someone to come over to your place and fix it for you?! You've given us no details whatsoever. How do expect anyone to actually help you?

What happens when you open your D: drive, or whatever computer drive is associated with your physical CD drive?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
i get an error message when i try to run the installer. (something with 32 bit and 64 bit.)
Looking at what is posted on the internet it does not recognize that you are using x86 (even though Vista and 7 64bit support the x86 instruction set flawlessly.
There are various approaches to try.

1. Try running the installer in compatibility mode (Windows 98) and as an administrator.
2. Attempt a manual installation (if game files are on disc in an easy to use compressed format).
3. Try using a virtualization of an old OS.
4. Look for a fan site which might have a reasonable solution like a patch (all I found say you should throw together an old computer which is stupid).

Level 21
i have tried manual installation before and that enabled only multiplayer as a guest. i believe that i found a fan site though some time ago. i will check that. it is based on the language spoken in poland so i cant understand anything about most of the website. it installs in vista 32 bit.

Last edited:
Level 34
You believe, or you did? There's a pretty big difference. Why not try again and find out for certain?

Level 3
This is the 3rd Thread so...
12589482.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.