• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] How can I detect the walkable areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I just restarted my old fun map project and I've noticed something wrong. There is a Jump ability but with it you can jump out of the playable map area. So for example you can jump into the water or into a decoration and you can only get out by jumping in the correct direction. How can I detect if an area is walk able? In the ability there is a variable that can config the maximum jump distance and I want to detect the farthest possible landing area.
I've only got one solution in my mind and I'm not even sure that it works and so I can't try it right now :/
So that is the idea:
  • TempPoint = XYZ(loc 'n stuff)
  • Create 1 Foot unit at XYZ
  • TempPoint2 = Position of Foot unit
  • If position of foot unit equal to TempPoint then allow jump there.
Will it work? If not, how can I make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.