• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I create this building? therefore how can I use new skin + old skin same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I want to create a building that made a "hunt zone" that spawn a creep (deer for example) each 5 seconds in radius of sight for each worker in the hunt zone, force the worker auto-attack it to get the 10g, then bring it back to the townhall. Any idea how to do it? would be awesome if the creep spawned change for each map enviroment (deer for ashenvale, rabbit for lordaeron for example). I tryed create variable "unit is a creep" but I should select each creep one by one "pig" "rabbit"... therefore I didin't found any key to link graphic set of the map with the creeps, but I know it exist 'cause when you display menu from location (ashenvale, lordaeron fall, city ruins...) the creeps change too. :goblin_wtf: Any ideas will be apreciated.

other noob question is how to change a skin for a model and still having the old vanilla in the same map? If I import a skin the old one can't be used in the same map. I thought extract the model that I want to preserve and then import it again as a "custom model" with the path of the skin that I want to change but I just got a no skin unit. :goblin_cry:

Oh! one last thing... the campaing of "curse of the forsaken" have an awesome custom menu with Sylvanas sits in Lordaeron's Throne. how can I create and import one for my own campaing too or just modify one of the game already brings in mpq file like change sunked ruin's archer with a 3d troll model from WoW?

I did a skirmish search for solutions in the tutorial's section without stright answer.
I know it's a lot of questions and maybe eachone should be in it's own post.
Sorry for this mess and my poor english :goblin_cry:

Level 2
Its not exactly the same thing, but for one of my first maps I just gave the gold mine ability to a stag, it still wandered around. All you'd have to do is limit it from wandering too far somehow. (Trigger teleporting it back to center of region when it leaves region?) Just an idea.

You could use a placeholder building and then swap the building with a unit when the building is built like in the working gates guide. Example below of triggers for that.
  • GoldMineStagSwap
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to HuntZone
    • Actions
      • Set HuntZoneLocation = (Position of (Constructed structure))
      • Unit - Remove (Constructed structure) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 GoldMineStag for (Owner of (Constructed structure)) at HuntZoneLocation facing 0.00 degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_VertLocation)

Last edited:
Level 28
Oh! one last thing... the campaing of "curse of the forsaken" have an awesome custom menu with Sylvanas sits in Lordaeron's Throne. how can I create and import one for my own campaing too or just modify one of the game already brings in mpq file like change sunked ruin's archer with a 3d troll model from WoW?
You can simply export the loading screen from the campaign (if the Author agree) and use it for your campaign but if you wanna make your own changes that require a lot of exprience upon Modeling tools like Model Editor, Mdlvis, Blender...

Status
Not open for further replies.