• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can i attach items like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
How can i attach items like this... to a specific hero AND/OR any hero.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...33231/?prev=search=dragon%20blade&d=list&r=20

Either do it in trigger like this:

• Attachment
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand, left of Villager (Male 2) 0000 <gen> using war3mapImported\DragonBlade.mdx
...It depends on what Events, Condition and Actions you want. I just gave an example.... And also make sure you attach it on your hero! I used Villager as an example for attachment but when you do trigger like this, put your hero.

Or... another way is do an ability that does nothing, doesnt give you damage, abilities and everything. Then at Art - Target, put your Dragon Blade, the path. At Art - Target Attachment Point put either hand, left or hand, right

Level 3
Either do it in trigger like this:

• Attachment
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand, left of Villager (Male 2) 0000 <gen> using war3mapImported\DragonBlade.mdx
...It depends on what Events, Condition and Actions you want. I just gave an example.... And also make sure you attach it on your hero! I used Villager as an example for attachment but when you do trigger like this, put your hero.

Or... another way is do an ability that does nothing, doesnt give you damage, abilities and everything. Then at Art - Target, put your Dragon Blade, the path. At Art - Target Attachment Point put either hand, left or hand, right

Thank you for the fast response. But there is no option hand, lef or hand right. Only value. I write hand, left but nothing happened. :(

Unfortunately i am noob to editor. Starter.

Event: Unit aquires an item
Cond: Item type of picked unit equal to Soul Sword (i tried other options except picked unit)
Actions: SEffect-Create a special eff attached to the hand,left of Triggering unit using something.mdx

I'll try the other way soon.

Edit: I tried the way u post also (the first) and it works but i want to give the eff to the hero only when he buys or picks an item. I think the 2nd way works better for what i want. I ll try it.

Level 30
Thank you for the fast response. But there is no option hand, lef or hand right. Only value. I write hand, left but nothing happened. :(

Unfortunately i am noob to editor. Starter.

Event: Unit aquires an item
Cond: Item type of picked unit equal to Soul Sword (i tried other options except picked unit)
Actions: SEffect-Create a special eff attached to the hand,left of Triggering unit using something.mdx

I'll try the other way soon.

Sorry, Im wrong. When you type hand, left and hand, right. Dont make spaces and do this hand,left or hand,right

Level 30
The site is really really really enlighting. Thank you both guys for all the info.

I'll attach to items. It is really easy and fast and almost exactly what i want.

But what can i do if i want a sword to replace Arthas frostmourne for example?

Arthas' Sword is different it is hard coded and you must search for skins of swords attacheable ONLY FOR Froustmourne of Arthas.

Sorry, Im wrong. When you type hand, left and hand, right. Dont make spaces and do this hand,left or hand,right
There's no need to type them like that.
Just put "right hand" or "left hand" and it will work perfectly fine.

The site is really really really enlighting. Thank you both guys for all the info.

I'll attach to items. It is really easy and fast and almost exactly what i want.

But what can i do if i want a sword to replace Arthas frostmourne for example?

You'll just have to remove the original weapon from the model

Level 3
And also somethig else. I make a lot of items with attachments. But when a hero aquires 2 or more of them they both appear. Is there a way to make appear only 1? For example the 1 in slot1

Level 3
And something more... Some swords appear to be too small. How can i resize them? Unfortunately scaling value works only for the chest :(

Status
Not open for further replies.