• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How actually abilities with more than 4 levels affect the map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How actually abilities with more than 4 levels affect the map?
I know that only 4 levels of ability can be added to slk tables (or w.e.), but what does it mean? And how does it affect the map at all?

Level 3
How actually abilities with more than 4 levels affect the map?
I know that only 4 levels of ability can be added to slk tables (or w.e.), but what does it mean? And how does it affect the map at all?

It will only affect how the widgitizer or other programs compress/optimize your map. Obviously abilities with more levels will take longer to load.

Widgetizer thread on wc3c.net said:
CHANGES IN 1.8.0.7

- Level 4 data is not put into the SLK anymore because that might screw up higher levels of the ability
This is because the level 4 columns in the SLK represent the default values for higher levels
- However if the ability has no more than 4 levels, level 4 can and will be put into the SLK

....<snip>

Level 6
Thanks you. I think the problem is solved :p Still dunno how to change topic's tag.. lol

Level 18
You can't change that. Neither can you change the title, that's only shown when opening the topic. The prefix can only be changed by moderators, so as soon as the problem is solved, there's no more reason to keep posting here except when there are complications about the given solutions for the thread started and only for the thread starter.

So in other words: The next person posting here, except Landy about problems with the solution is going to have to answer to big momma.

Status
Not open for further replies.