1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Horrible News

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sopho, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I usually love wc3 and its one of favourite games because of how awesome and intersting it can turn out to be because of the maps people develop, sadly...

Its my first team to hear that my brother will be uninstalling it because of how boring it is. He does not make maps or anything, but because of how boring battle.net is and there are no interesting things on for wc3, he will be uninstalling it... I'd never turn down wc3...

Does anyone feel the same?

2. Konblade

Konblade

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thats too bad, I know how it feels... Kinda. Maybe you should buy a laptop or a desktop of your own. Dell can get the best parts from other brands and toss it all together for you. Well, things may get better. You might be able to talk him out of it, or better yet, hide the files. :wink:

3. imported_Dragoon

imported_Dragoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    yah, id never uninstall wc. its my favorite game ever.

4. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Uh, hes uninstalling it after the last game on battle.net... *sigh* wc3 is just a awesome game...

I have a laptop of my own too, but, DirectX is unable to initialize. error message always comes up when I try to start it ever since I updated DirectX to 9.0c (I hope you know what I mean)

5. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    omg, he just uninstalled it a second ago... I cant believe that... and the reason he removed it was...

Because I wanted to

6. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What an idiot. Can't he be a bit more considerate? He knows you share his PC to play it, right?

7. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes he does, but hes younger than me and very imature. He is very selfish.

8. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh wait. He's YOUNGER than you are? In that case, I suggest complete and utter mental destruction.

9. Rexfist Malice

Rexfist Malice

Resources:
    Resources:
    :shock: I agree with GreyArchon! Don't let your younger brother boss you around. And certainly not on such an important issue! If you have a basement where you live, 4x4 meters at least, I suggest installing some of your house kitchen appliencies and any workshop machinery available, in the basement, turning it into a delightfull torture chamber! Ultimately, murder is a just and rightouss action, compared to the irresponsible and imature behaiviour your brother practice.

So go get the game back, and "break a leg"

10. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well since he's younger than you, do what Grey Archon said. Of course, you could just be nice and patient by ignoring him and waiting to get a new and/or better pc, but mental annihilation is so much more fun. :twisted:

11. Kerrigan

Kerrigan

Resources:
    Resources:
    thats why i love having my own computer :D .

i can fill it up with junk and games and no one cares or can take them off!!

12. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I cant do those kind of offensive things.
    He is very weak and I am not that kind of guy... I am not ruthless.

He'll cry, I will get in trouble and worse... Hes a big baby basically. I have to go easy on him... He even sets a password on his laptop.

But oh well, I'd just fix my graphic card and DirectX the my wc3 will be back in top shape.

13. Saikann

Saikann

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    cmon Sopho, there must be something you can do to make things more fair for you

14. RaZoR

RaZoR

Resources:
    Resources:
    show him how interesint is warcraft 3 modelling :wink: . or try to have a deal with him: he let's u re-install wc3 and u help him with his homework or what else...

btw, i would never (and i don't) let my younger brother give me orders :wink:

15. Boom_Heffer

Boom_Heffer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats bratty.. and immature and inconciderate im the youngest in my family im 10 and.. still i would kick anybody's butt who uninstalled a game on my comp without/with me knowing just becuase, i'd give a 1000 hour noogie to whoever did that! :twisted:

16. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, hes interest is on Neopets.

Thats all he goes on and is addicted to. Hes addicted and becomes mindless to that online game.

But since hes got a laptop of his own, he can do what he wants. I don't take orders from him but since hes such a weird person, I hate him really much.

17. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    OMG!

I fixed the problem all by myself. I just updated my graphic card and updated to DirectX 9.0c! Hurray! Now I can go on WC3 on MY COMPUTER.

18. DragonElement

DragonElement

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hit him... hard...

Your bigger than him, you have no power struggle.
    Show him who's boss... or tell you parents something you pull out of your @$$ and get him in trouble.

I feel for you Sopho, best of luck, there will always be that part of you life that is missing now...

19. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, that solves that problem. Solution comes from necessity, after all.

20. Rexfist Malice

Rexfist Malice

Resources:
    Resources:
    but you should still do some murdering and torturing! :evil: Your brother has to pay!.. where do you live, I can get a proffesional hit ready in 5 hours :twisted: bargain cost, 20.000$ but because its you, its half price :twisted: