• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Horde vs Alliance

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
REALLY (!) one of my first maps...

You start with a few melee and range units from your faction (horde or alliance) and your base flag. Your mission is to carry all other flags over the map, which are neutral in the beginning.

If you or your ally stands toward a neutral flag and wait 10 seconds the flag gets in your control. If a player of the opposite faction stands toward a flag of your faction it would be get neutral after 15 seconds of waiting.

Every 2 minutes every player gains a number of units on every flag. If you have more flags, there are less units on each flag, but total you gain more units the more flags you have.

There are also two flags (one in the north and one in the south), which would bring your faction advantages. The Lumber Mill in the North makes the units of your faction a little bit stronger and faster and the Mercenary's Camp adds a supporting unit to every flag of your faction with every spawn.

After a while, the map get revealed and then defogged. Later you can choose a Hero, if the match drag on too long ...

Update 1.1

- Informations, Abilities and all the other important stuff is translated in English.

- The Terrain was reformed.

- Cheats are deleted.

Have fun!

Row-L

PS: I'm a German... If there are some mistakes in my English, don't laugh!!! ;)

Keywords:
strategy team teamwork battlefield battlefront horde alliance mass german deutsch
Contents

Horde vs Alliance (Map)

Reviews
11:52, 2nd Apr 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 14
Omg, I am ashamed... Oooh Bad Description ima give it 1/5... Seriously... Why do you guys just down rate it because it doesn't have a great description, I mean not every map is a like a high fancy map. And plus none of you even said anything about the game play.
I went through the triggers, kinda hard to read because in German but I managed :). You leak alot...
Example:
If I set something from a variable:
set lol = (Position of Unit(u))
then I do:
create 12 footman at lol facing 360
It wont create more data
unlike:
create 12 footman at (Position of Unit(u)) facing 360
It will create another point.
And If i do it again, another point!
So now I have 2xpoint
then I call it again! Another point!
Now I got 3xpoint, but i cannot access them, they are stored data that cannot be reused unlike variables.
So ya clean your triggers

Level 2
I second Crazed seal2.

This map maker was humble, looking for help,and doing his best even tho he couldn't type english well. Tell me, what did he get in return?

Oh bad description, bad english, he breaks the rules, he's a bad boy. We condemn him, we shame him, we want to take him and his map down. Oh please gentlemen, grow up.

For it is evident that in our ever changing society we are seeing a change in the direction of which the community is moving into. A person is condemned simply because he does not fix into, we establish a wall to protect our community, rules, laws and orders set by men of a similar purpose. And to expel those who dont belong. This can be seen even in a church: Oh he's from a gang, he's not holy enough, he's a sinner. The newcomer sees the weight of their judgmental glances of these Christians, and walks out of the church.

My point being? Teach.

You ask: Is it so dam hard to read the rules?

I say: Is it so dam hard to teach?

"If we are the body, why aren't his hands healing...why aren't his words teaching?"

So if we are the body of hive, a respected community of mappers and modders, why aren't we healing these new maps, when aren't our words teaching these new mappers?