• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hopper Mine

Made this after being inspired by the Hoppers (jumping mine) in Half Life 2

Updated!
The model now disappears correctly, the explosion is moved so it shows up correctly and added some extra good stuff. Now its a more sci-fi (or advanced) explosion. It also appear very nice if used as a chain reaction :wink:

Unneeded textures deleted from the model mdl.
:smile: Enjoy :smile:

Thanks to Kimberly for fixing the decay animation. :smile:

Give Credit if used...

Greetings RED BARON :grin:

My permission is required to edit it.

Update (Slightly late, its only been 12 years :con:): but for that time there have been an icon for this model, and suddenly hit me that I should link it:
So here you go, a link to the icon for the model

Keywords:
jump, mine, trap, bomb, minefield, half life
Contents

Hopper Mine (Model)

Reviews
Werewulf: Approved, this model was tested and since I fixed it up to be approvable and Baron reuploaded it so it isnt buried I am approving it. Good job and Im glad is finally back all together and given a fresh start from reupload.
Level 8
lol I forgot to mention.... Advisors, Hunters, Odesa, Zombine, Vehicles, Magnusson.... and then maybe... The Handheld Portal Device, Chell, GLaDOS, Portal Turret, Blue and Orange Portals... And maybe.... Scout, Heavy, Demoman, Soldier, Spy, Sniper, Pyro, Engineer, Medic... aaandd.... CT, T, Hostages.... Sorry, a bit of an obsession with all Valve games.

Level 16
Could you please add into the description how to make it explode and kill itself while damaging the enemy? I need help on how to do so. ^^'

>>>You could try giving it an Attack with a short range and give it the Kaboom! Ability,

Then make a trigger that fires when it attacks something and trigger it to use Kaboom on itself.

>>>Or give it Kaboom! and make the skill active

:goblin_boom:

Level 35
Its very good!..What about a mine which jumps when destroyed?

Glad you like this old thing. You could just make this model do that: Meaning, make a trigger to do it. Something along these lines; use this model with just stand animation, then when destroyed, replace with another mine, trigger the jump animation and done.