• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Holy Wrath: Mass Holy Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have made my own ability and would like to get some feedback and ideas, and i also got one question.
Here is the ability:

Calls the Gods for aid, repleneshing life of nearby allied units, and damaging enemys.
Level 1 - Damages and heals by 250.
Level 2 - Damages and heals by 400.
Level 3 - Damages and heals by 550.

Its like a "mass-holy light". And i've used this trigger: (the real ability is just a remade berserk, wich triggers it all)

Event: a unit starts the effect of an abiliy

Conditions: Ability being casted equal to Holy Wrath

Actions: Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Random player from (All allies of (Owner of (Triggering unit))))
Then - Actions
Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + holywrath_damage)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
Else - Actions
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit) for holywrath_damage using attack type Spells and damage type Normal.
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl

The "Holywrath_damage" is of course a variable. . .

This trigger works perfect, though i really dont know how it can. In this case both the "Then - Actions" and the "Else - Actions" is used. How can that be true? So the simple question is: When does the editor use both "then" and "else" actions, and when doesnt it.

I would love a rating on the spell while ure in it :wink:

Level 11
It doesn't use both... Its just that you check for each unit and the effect is the same for each of the cases. Also, I think it is buggy because Random player from (All allies of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) checks only ONE players, and not all the players. Instead, you can check the condition (Unit is an ally of (Triggering Unit)) equal to true. Search for it under boolean! That should kinda solve your problem! And btw, else activates if the unit is not an ally (but it doesn't have to be an enemy and of course, it will trigger on invulnerable units, spell immune units and ANY other unit which is not an ally ya know). Check your conditions.

The spell is mediocre, pretty basic but its ok if it is between your first spells, once you fix all the bugs. 3/5

~Daelin

Level 2
you should set another condition because in this version he will damage also invulnerabel and magic immune units. change it unless you want to damage them.

Edit by Daelin: Devran, read previous posts. I already mentioned that and you posted one hour+ later...

Level 6
Ok, ok. I did not really think of that with invurnable and spell imune units so i will work on my conditions, and also fix the unit comparrison. Thanks for the feedback :D

And it is my first real "advanced" trigger spell.

Maybe i will come up with more questions. . .

Level 6
I have fixed the unit comp, as you said, and some of the conditions. But i dont find a condition to make sure that the unit aint invurnerable. First i thought "resistant", in bolean was the right one, but its not. So i just want to know where i can find a comparison to make this condition:

Unit is invurneable equal to false

Level 6
Man its hard to find. I can use "buff comparison" so it detects that the unit dont have an invurnerable buff. But i cant find a invurnerable comparison. It must exist, please just look around for it a little. It would be wery odd if there's no one... :?

Level 6
Thank you.
No i cant find it either. Used "search for text" also, but nothing. Very odd. But its ok, i will just use the buff comparrison right now.

And, isnt this a thing for blizzard fix in next patch?

Level 6
Well that may be true, but i still have an effect attached to the invurnerable unit, so it looks like it should be damaged. And maybe i should tip blizzard to add the invurnerable comparrison to boleans, i wonder how i can contact them. I'll just look att blizzards site.

Status
Not open for further replies.