• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Holy Crusader

Keywords:
holy crusader angel
Contents

Holy Crusader (Model)

Holy Crusader (Model)

Assets
Reviews
General Frank: (Approved) [09-25-07] Model works ingame and is really nice.

M

General Frank:

(Approved) [09-25-07]

Model works ingame and is really nice.

Level 6
Nice unit. First, I thought the name didnt make any sense, since generally crusaders think they are holy, but then I rethought- most crusaders were bloodthirsty pillagers... :lol:

Larotharos is the ugliest human I have ever seen!
(Just so you can feel how it feels)

Me likey this model. Nice work with the face, even though its cnp? Right me if Im wrong.

Level 18
@Scorpion: To make it work delete war3imported\ in .blp's files, restart WE and sign model to unit in object editor. To make it change to angel just look how DH uses metamorphosis to change into demon or Tinker to change into tank

@Punisher: I'm usually trying to merge everything in one .blp but I had a problem with UV mapping of demon and just stayed with 2 .blp's :p

@Cyberatog: Well I really based the name off crusaders from Heroes of M&M :p And yes, the face is CnP. I can't skin good so I'm only CnP'ing, modifing etc. :oops:

Level 2
Well, my next question - what model must I make him change into? Changing to himself doesn't work. Tinker and tank are different models, while our hero is one whole unit. What to do?

Level 9
when u were asking our opinions norinrad (in the thread). i (and others) told u that, the dh sword doesnt really fit well on it.

it would be far far better, if u just remove it and put a common sword like the skeleton one, just make a new skin for it

anyway i liked it, dragonhawk rider head is pretty good. arthas suked

Level 18
To make it change to angel base it from any hero, then create new unit based off DH changed into demon and change it's model to Holy. Then go to spells/abillities and create new spell based off Metamorphosis. Name it as you like. In created spell switch from DH to unit wnich you created first (non alternate form) and switch from DH(demon form) to new unit that you have created secondly. Then give both this spell. Should work.

@Raiju : These are actually skeleton's scimitars with new skin^^ Check the skin if you don't believe :p

Level 3
I like it, I quite like the weapon as who says crusaders have to have normal swords or big hammers?
Will do quite nicely as a temp model for one of the heroes in my project, thanks once more 8)

Level 2
It's even greater than it seems! Cool! By the way can you give me a hint - i'm searching for good models of dragonriders and a pegassus rider. Does anyone know where to find such? I've seen a troll dragonrider here, but i think humans, high elves or blood elves seem better in such cases.

Level 4
ˇHe's so right! Larothaos, shut up, pls.
It's a great model, the aura suits to him well and the icon look nice too! It's a superb work!

Level 3
not to be an ass.. but the guy Lathoros typed his post long ago and u ppl r still whining? um... ok...

he sed one thing and u guys hav to flame him, why hav a post system if ur not willing to hear EVERY 1ns Opinions, including the... eh hem... ones that u "dont want to hear"...

im soz guys, it rlly bugs me when ppl do crap like that cos ive been to College critiques for art wrk, and they rip it up, lemme tel u, and yet, u ppl do this...
makes me wonder if u guys can even stand being turned down on anything without crying... i mean... not to be mean, but seriously now...

Level 2
I dont think there is a thing wrong with it larotharos, and if its the ugliest thing youve ever seen then you havent looked in a mirror too see your reflection then, have you? :evil:
5/5 :)

Level 4
ahhhhh how do you make him look like the angle when i try to make the spell there is no individual model for they angle so i cant use it!

omg

omg

Level 3
Since noone seems to be answering anyones question about the Angel form, i guess i might as well.

Just go to the object Editor, then first, change the Holy Crusaders ""Art - Required animation names" to 2 different strings, the first being "alternate", the second being "alternateex" now look at the field right below that titled "Required animation names - attachments" and add 1 string called "medium" now finally, go to the field right below that one titled "Required Attachment Link names" and add 1 string called "alternate"

your holy crusader will now look like an angel.

hope this helps everyone =)

Level 1
really nice . ill use it in my map.
Im about to use 3 of the 4 models of your project. :lol:
and even more...

Level 3
@Scorpion: To make it work delete war3imported\ in .blp's files, restart WE and sign model to unit in object editor. To make it change to angel just look how DH uses metamorphosis to change into demon or Tinker to change into tank

@Punisher: I'm usually trying to merge everything in one .blp but I had a problem with UV mapping of demon and just stayed with 2 .blp's :p

@Cyberatog: Well I really based the name off crusaders from Heroes of M&M :p And yes, the face is CnP. I can't skin good so I'm only CnP'ing, modifing etc. :oops:

Is it possible to use the holy skin without having the skin of the demon hunter guy, + will it work with other models?

Level 1
Well, i could change him into an angel, but the spell was still called Metamorphists. Also, the angel couldn't move, attack, or do anything

Level 6
Well I really based the name off crusaders from Heroes of M&M

Well, not to be an internet marm, but just so you know, Heroes of Might and Magic Crusaders are fully armored.

Attachments

• crusader.jpg
    crusader.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 86
  • crusader2.gif
    crusader2.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 84
  • crusader3.jpg
    crusader3.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 106
Level 4
Can i suggest something, by the way?..I like the current system, but can you make them separate (As well) possibly? would be really useful, thanks and good model as i surely already said.