• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hm... tricky situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm making a map where someone is "The Thing". "The Thing" appears to be a normal human, but they can transform into a monster and kill people. When they transform into a monster, every body else has no idea which player turned into it (assuming they didn't see the transformation, only the monster itself). The problem is, they are still allied to "The Thing" and won't attack, but if I make it so it will unally them if the thing get's close, or if they send an attack order, the player could look in the alliance settings and see who was unallied: mystery solved.

Anybody have any advice on what to do?

I'm considering having a fake aquisition range type system, where the unit will automatically attack the thing as if it were an enemy (through triggers), but that would still look a bit confusing with the thing appearing to be an ally.

Level 8
Reserve one of your player slots (i.e. player 12) and use this as the force to which "the thing" belongs to. Whoever is "the thing" you ally and give shared control with player 12.

I remember "The Thing" as being an awesome black and white movie about a blob that lands on earth from a meteor and starts eating people, getting bigger the more it consumes xD.

Level 8
Reserve one of your player slots (i.e. player 12) and use this as the force to which "the thing" belongs to. Whoever is "the thing" you ally and give shared control with player 12.

I remember "The Thing" as being an awesome black and white movie about a blob that lands on earth from a meteor and starts eating people, getting bigger the more it consumes xD.

That's "the blob" you're thinking of.

Shared control... that's brilliant! I wouldn't have thought of that for ages, if ever!

Level 8
That's "the blob" you're thinking of.

Shared control... that's brilliant! I wouldn't have thought of that for ages, if ever!

Oh my bad, but great film xD

Yeh, the map that springs to mind that uses this sytem is "Werewolf Transylvania". Check it out its a fun map.

Level 8
Oh well, I like this new system better. It's an excuse to use 2 forces (required) rather than breaking up 'Humans' into 2 player forces and confusing people. There was always someone who asked "is team 2 the aliens?". no...

Also, I don't have to hide the minimap dot anymore.

One bad side effect of this system though, now I've got the bloody "team resources" dialog box in my face, is there an easy way to get rid of that?

EDIT: "Hide all mutiboards did the trick".

EDIT2: Uh... Baintastic... there's no action like that...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.