• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hiveworkshop - Shoutcasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys, just me rambling on about an idea here but oh well.

If you are like me (no beta key, eagerly waiting for it, or the release of the game, whichever comes first), you will no doubt have noticed a large number of StarCraft 2 'shoutcasts' on YouTube and even on the www.starcraft2.com website under their Battle Reports section. Team Liquid recently held a competition and all of their shoutcasts are on youtube also.

Well, if you are confused, and don't know what a shoutcast is... Let me explain. It is quite simply a recorded game or a live game (recorded through an observer) with commentary. I think it is a really smart way to showcase different techniques, tactics and strategies related to Starcraft 2.

I am sure the idea has been toyed with in the past, but how about we host a mini tournament amongst Hive members. In a sort of knock out style, 16 players, down to 8, down to 4, to the final 2. Each player plays each player three times and the winner is determined as a best of three.

Then, we can record all of these games? Or maybe, just the ones from the Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals and the Final? Would really enhance the Hive's internet-shadow, and perhaps hook more people in to join the community!

Level 22
While Im also a melee player, this is a mapmaking site. So things like 'tournaments', 'shoutcasts', 'replays', 'top players' are not really known or have interest in them. Im also sorry if I talked too much about melee here but since I left one old melee forum and since I limited my visited forums to 1, I had to share it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.