• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Quality Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey there! I am here to request for a model for the Dark Cloud RPG. All information, as well as full terrain screenshots for this map can be found in either of these two links.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...k-cloud-rpg-a-demo-release-of-valland-132993/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...g-soon-the-dark-cloud-the-perfect-rpg-104617/

The first one, the Demo Release of Valland, is the area where your model will most likely be features. Now, it may be best for you to understand my problem to make the model I am going to request. Look at the screenshot below:

JapaneseSoldiers.jpg

Although the models look great, if you compare these models to the rest of the screenshots in the other links, they may seem awkward or misplaced. There not exactly the kind of soldiers you would expect to see in a fantasy world. Also, the entire design of the castle and its inside are European architecture. To have Feudal Japan soldiers there, just seems wrong.

So, I believe it may be wise for a model swap. I am seeking a high-quality plated guard. As you may see from the other screenshots (followed through the first link), the map is using a higher-resolution of models and skins, for an over-all more realistic feeling RPG (I almost shed a tear in the forest). This means that the model should not be in the style of Warcraft III, with bright colors and cartoonish features. It would be preferable to keep it proportional looking (such as the Japanese models above).

I am pretty open on the design of the guard itself (it must have a sword, of course) so be intuitive on what you think would fit best in this realistic terrain.

Ask questions if necessary, and +rep will be given of course.

Cheers,
~Asomath

P.S. If you are curious about how many high-res models we were actually able to find, we were able to get enough to nearly fill the creep database. The problem we reach is with the more human models. I mean, not many people say "Oh, I’m going to make this super high-quality peasant that doesn’t fit the usual Warcraft III terrain because it is so realistic" right?

Status
Not open for further replies.