• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

High Elf waygate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello everybody
I would like to add to the waygate a human construction on the one hand and modify the portrait on the other hand
On the original model the portrait of the waygate is "alternate"
I would like the portrait of the waygate to be "alternate" when in the game the portal is "alternate"
And a "normal" waygate portrait if not
Thank you to all those who will help me

Level 5
I made all the modifications myself. The finished model I closed. By reopening, all the bones and particles have disappeared.
I started again, same result.
Error every time: if you extract "waygate" and modify the model, you record, close and open: all bones, particles ... disappear.
I do not understand why.
It's horrible: I spent a whole afternoon: the model was perfect!

Level 21
I made all the modifications myself. The finished model I closed. By reopening, all the bones and particles have disappeared.
I started again, same result.
Error every time: if you extract "waygate" and modify the model, you record, close and open: all bones, particles ... disappear.
I do not understand why.
It's horrible: I spent a whole afternoon: the model was perfect!
Strange... What program(s) did you use?

Level 5
I did not understand. To extract and edit I use Warcraft III Model Editor. It's all.

Level 27
If is Magos this can be related to the particle set on the waygate, something similar happens with the Doomguard and models that use the Green "Spray" particles.

Try this before saving the model delete all the particles, once you have the model working as intended re-import them with Retera's Matrix eater.

Level 5
Thanks for the suggestion.
I managed to solve the problem with the software "Mdlvis".

Status
Not open for further replies.