• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Elf Lieutenant (Recolor)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Recolor for Blood Elf Lieutenant. This one has no red parts of armor and because of that IT LOOKS GOOD WITH ANY TEAM COLOR, not just red, purple, orange, bronze, maroon and violet.

Just rename it to "bloodelflieutenant" or create additional mdx files if you want it as separate unit.

I have used OnlineConvert.com to convert from TGA to DDS.
Previews
Contents

High Elf Lieutenant BLP (Texture)

High Elf Lieutenant DDS (Texture)

Level 13
Hello, I'm sorry to tell you this but this can be done without need of custom texture. It seems this is merged texture of The Captain and Blood Elf Lieutenant. I've attached the model file in case someone would need this. No need to import custom texture and you can still use original Blood Elf Lieutenant.

Attachments

• HighElfLieutenant1.mdx
    142.3 KB · Views: 132
Level 9
I'm sorry to tell you that outcome is more or less the same (there are some minor details if you compare both side by side) since one still have to create new file. Also look into second line of description, because clearly you didn't read it.

But one thing I admit: this IS merged texture of The Captain & Blood Elf Lieutenant.

Last edited:
Level 13
Why are you telling me that I didn't see your description? Even if you use an additional model file for that, it would make no sense to import a texture when it can be accomplished by original textures.

But one thing I admit: this IS merged texture of The Captain & Blood Elf Lieutenant.
So why did you put "Recolor" on your description and title?

And until you "actually" modified the skin and added some detail that would distinguish from original Captain, I don't think this would go well.. Good luck with that. I'm unsubscribing this thread now.

Level 9
(...)or create additional mdx files if you want it as separate unit.
That's why I'm telling you this.

And as I said earlier there are some minor details if you compare both side by sides so there IS sense in that. Besides principle of recolor is always the same no mater if you merge skins or recolor by yourself. Also it IS clearly distinguished for both The Captain & Blood Elf Lieutenant. Compare them first, before you make a post.

Last edited:
Level 9
Format isn't wrong, it's just format that Blizzard is using now and personally I'm doing this via local files.

That said I believe you tried import file into map; I guess in this case blp is still correct, therefore I'm uploading blp version.

As for changes everything is in description.

Last edited:
Level 9
I'm not gonna lie this probably might've been useful before but not so much now. It's too simple and lacking enough changes to be okay when there's a custom model that exists already that can do what this skin sets out to do. You should add more changes aside from cnp and recoloring, do more freehand.

Level 9
If I wish to add more stuff I would create entire new model from scratch. Sometimes simple recolor is enough just like in this case. As for model you speaking of, can you post link? And I hope you don't talk about that thing GaLaxY_256 attached in the first post. This would mean that you didn't read description, nor the entire conversation.

Last edited:
Level 9
Seriously? They just have glowing eyes and base model has NO difference from the original! Also I know that TC is separated from other colors and in my recolor you don't have to swap anything. You have read description, but you didn't understood it at all, did you?

Besides you are hypocrite to pointing on me and giving me one star, when your Legionary itself looks like piece of shit.

Last edited:
Level 9
Damn, very hostile arent we? It may be a p.o.s. but it's a p.o.s. that's at least 50% freehand. And if you've havent noticed that was done years prior.

And the thing with your's is that it doesnt necessarily change much. You're implementing a new skin that'll overwrite the base model's texture just to look like another model already in game with the only difference being the sword, the shield, and the knee pads. It isnt even a cnp of taking a completely different existing texture to make it look like a different unit.

Level 9
1. Doesn't matter when you created yours.
2. Freehand or not shit is shit.
You're implementing a new skin that'll overwrite the base model's texture just to look like another model already in game with the only difference being the sword, the shield, and the knee pads.(...)
That was the purpose.
4. I'm not hostile, just calling things by their names. If you think differently, just leave the topic and don't spam here anymore.

Last edited:
Level 1
That is the thing. It won't be as visible as it is presented here. Then again, this resource will most likely go to the substandard section. So, well... yeah.