• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Elf Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The story begins with...

Tiadul, the capital city of a group of surviving Quel'dorei is under attack by the ever-expanding undead. They seem to have run out of land for their exponentially increasing army. The undead pour in to the capital and it has to be surrendered.​
Seemingly out of options, the young Anandor, leader of this "tribe" of elves leads his people out of the ravaged city to decide what to do next. When a camp is established in the forests of Ashenvale, Anandor tries to find a good place to meditate and pray to the Holy Light1. He senses a disturbance in nature and a feeling of intense magical energy. Just then, a messenger of the Light appears and warns that the undead's expansion is in preparation of a massive demon attack to destroy the new Lich King. The messenger says that in order to stop the destruction of possibly the whole of Azeroth, the High Elves must call for a union of all the races, beginning with the undead. The messenger gives him a blessing of the Light to set him apart as a hero.​
Anandor does as he is instructed and calls for a meeting with Kel'Thuzad. He tells them of a nearby Forest Troll city-state, Zul'atal, that they must invade to establish base camp after they agree to let the undead remain in control of Tiadul for the time being. Anandor sends scouts out to all the major races in hopes for reinforcements to arrive for this battle for Azeroth​

The young leader has great power, but can he overcome his mortal instincts and use his power for the Light?

1The High Elves (particularly this "tribe") do in fact worship the Holy Light.

Thanks for the comments and help over the course of developing this flimsy idea into a solid plan! I began work on the campaign already and I'm going to freshen up this story a bit with grammar and little minor details before I put it in map development later on down the line. Thanks again!

Last edited:
@Ghost765: LOLWTF?

Why do many people act like vandals in the Idea Factory?

Good idea. seems very interesting. Also I believe this artifact can start making of him a prophet of big disasters. and he is always trying to change it, and avoid it, but it is never possible.

Then at the end, he gets the worst prophecy ever, which he takes part in, so he suicides to avoid its happening, and is surprisingly successful.

Level 4
When a camp is established in the forests of Ashenvale, Anandor tries to find a good place to meditate and pray to the Holy Light

I thought the High Elves worshiped magic, rather than a holy light.

btw, what would the UD have to do with demons. Meh, I'm talking from a lore-perspective.

Anyways, great story!

Level 10
Thanks for the responses.
But I am correct in saying, the High Elves do worship the Holy light... for the most part.
Also, Kil'Jaeden tried to get Illidan to destroy the frozen throne- he failed. He obviously still wants the Lich King gone- thus a Burning Legion assault on Azeroth.

idk... its y own personal build up on the lore.
those two things are correct, but. was it good besides that?

Level 35
Gnoobsauce said:
The story begins with...

Tiadul, the capital city of a group of surviving Quel'dorei is under attack by the ever-expanding undead. They seem to have run out of land for their exponentially increasing army. The undead pour in to the capital and it has to be surrendered.

Seemingly out of options, the young Anandor, leader of this "tribe" of elves leads his people out of the ravaged city to decide what to do next. When a camp is established in the forests of Ashenvale, Anandor tries to find a good place to meditate and pray to the Holy Light1. He senses a disturbance in nature and a feeling of intense magical energy. Just then, a messenger of the Light appears and warns that the undead's expansion is in preparation of a massive demon attack to destroy the new Lich King. The messenger says that in order to stop the destruction of possibly the whole of Azeroth, the High Elves must call for a union of all the races, beginning with the undead. The messenger gives him a blessing of the Light to set him apart as a hero.

Anandor does as he is instructed and calls for a meeting with Kel'Thuzad. He tells them of a nearby Forest Troll city-state, Zul'atal, that they must invade to establish base camp after they agree to let the undead remain in control of Tiadul for the time being. Anandor sends scouts out to all the major races in hopes for reinforcements to arrive for this battle for Azeroth

The young leader has great power, but can he overcome his mortal instincts and use his power for the Light?

1The High Elves (particularly this "tribe") do in fact worship the Holy Light.

____

If I may suggest:

Chapter 1 said:
"Behold...we who are punished. Our sin was pride, and swift was our fall. Swift and steep, as the fall of our lofty towers that we once loved so dearly."

-Arala Beloranar-

Our tale begins, ages ago, rooted in the lands of Kalimdor, our ancient, and perilous homeland.

Our ancestors were gifted! Masters of the well, and its dreadful secrets.

With its power...they bent the very world to their unchecked whims. Why did we not learn from their folly...

The powers they bent, and the arcane secrets they wove into their hearts...Bare and helpless it left them, and their corruption was nigh complete.

They opened our world to a great fear. An immortal terror. The Burning Legion.

And though the Ancients battled them, and the well destroyed. It was not the end of our fate...our unforgivable doom.

The world was shattered, and our dreams of greatness thrown into Elune's dark domain, like the cruel, and icey spray of the newly formed seas that now surrounded us.

We abandoned them...Them and their warnings. Alas, that we did not heed them until it was too late. Our pride sent us into the east. Ever across the sea, into the east.

We built a kingdom there, a crown of glory, a golden land bathed in the sun. Quel'Thalas...And we raised a city amidst its mysterious, arcane boughs...The shining jewel, of Silvermoon.

Tall were her spires, and long did we perfect its shape. Filling it with magic, and libraries, sanctums, and azure lights to glimmer in the night, like the stars of heaven captured and chained to the earth.

We were great once more, and nothing would dare stop us.

Until our past came back, with avengance.

We were not prepared...

My mind still shrieks with terror as I saw their rotten, jawless, and depraved faces..if faces they could so be called. Eyeless, nothing inside those sockets but dread, and a pale, frozen light. Cold and merciless. They had no mind, and they had no grace.

Like flies mashed under a ruthless hammer our rangers fell, and our mages were torn to pieces, only to be raised again as mindless slaves, will-less, and heartless.

With cruel machines they flung their dead corpses into our walls, their bodies filled with some device of malice, exploding as they hit our high homes, bringing them down crashing into the dust, trees breaking their fall only to be crushed and suffocated by the debris.

Our home...Our Silvermoon, a great gash ripped through her very heart. Our children..Oh their terrifying screams as their poor, miniscule bodies were pulverized by the falling stone.

"Minn'da! Ann'da!"

..mother...father...

And there, there amidst the chaos of war, and the screams of our fellow elves, young, and old..Sitting on his high horse, of bone and armour. The bastard prince! Holy Light curse him, Arthas Menethil wretched betrayer! Runeblade held high, shouting foul encouragement to his legions of swords, and bones.

That was the last I ever saw of him. I was shot by a wayward arrow, and my thoughts fell into darkness.

I awoke several days and nights later in a refugee bed. Surrounded by the weeping caretakers of the Quel'Danil Lodge.

I am Arala Beloranar, and I am the keeper of this tale.

-Chapter 2 soon to come-

Level 15
interesting idea... maybe add some dragon influence in there? they are keepers of azeroth after all. maybe in form of some side quests or secret level?
also, if you side with bronze dragons, some heroes from the past may join the final battle through the caverns of time or smth like that.

just my 2 cent

Level 10
oh thank you very much :]
although i do tend to gather inspiration from either visuals or music much better.
but thank you :]
i can also gather some lore and stuff from it which is cool :DD

@supercow the sample was good except two things to work on. more tile variation and height. it was all very flat, try making the smooth shores i dont know the technical term. lol. but anyways the smoother shores look better than the default blizzard ones

Status
Not open for further replies.