• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hide Hero Interface Icon Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello all! Well, me and my friend (Black_Rupture) are making a map based on Pokemon. It's gonna have our own made up creatures (simply called Creatures) and our own way of catching them. This simply stops us from being restricted from having to make set units and therefore we can use our imagination! Anyways, let me explain our system.

There are these 5 triggers: Crt1, Crt2, Crt3, Crt4, Active. Crt1-4 are the 4 creature slots (you can have a max of 4 creatures) and Active is the currently selected Creature. Our system works that when the player uses a skill it will store (put in a holding bay) Active. And when they use another skill it will summon the selected Creature (and that creature becomes Active). Problem is we only want it to show the Hero Interface Icon (top left) for the selected creature (Active). How can I make a trigger that hides/shows the Hero Icon?

I'm absolutely hopeless with JASS so if you suggest a solution is JASS please tell me what I must change and all. Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 4
Well only thing I know is storing all information about the creatures into a variable, removing them when becoming inactive and creating them new (and set to the information stored).

I see. So how would I store all the info to a variable? (There will be 8 players and I know how to use arrays btw). And then how would I load this? Also, would it be possible to just Hide the creature? Does that hide the icon? What about Pausing? Anyway thanks for the help and quick reply!

Level 13
"quick" reply XD you already bumped..

well no only hiding or pausing will not remove the icon.

I need to now what information you would have to store..

Does a creature has levels? -> integer (btw save the xp not the level)

Can it change in any other way? (something which is important to be saved...)

Level 4
"quick" reply XD you already bumped..

well no only hiding or pausing will not remove the icon.

I need to now what information you would have to store..

Does a creature has levels? -> integer (btw save the xp not the level)

Can it change in any other way? (something which is important to be saved...)

Well by quick I meant that I was still on the forums and wasnt doing something else. So quick reply after bump :)

Anyways. The creatures are heroes. When they level up to a certain lvl they will learn a certain spell (like in Orc Gladiators). When they reach a certain level they evolve. Our evolution system is complex but in short it works like Pascal's Triangle. You start at the top in your most basic form. When you kill a type of creature we +1 to a integer A. If you kill a different type of creature we +1 to integer B. When you evolve you will evolve depending on which integer (A or B) is higher. Now if they are equal it will be random. In some creatures they will be a higher chance of evolving into the A form or the B form, in others it is equal.

They will have 4 inventory slots. There will be items that can increase a creatures stats permantly (tomes with a fancy name) and thats all I can think of right now.

Level 13
Mh that's definitly going to be hard...

Because you need:

1. Unit type <- which creature it is at the moment
2. Integer <- xp
3. items <- (that s the hardest one) one item array (4) for every unit (oO 8 players x 4 creatures... )

I think that's it...
But I am still not sure that there is no way to hide the icon..

Level 4
Alright thx! I'll get to work on this right away. Also gonna add an Integer for HP :) that way they cant just store then summon for a free heal.

+Rep

Level 4
dictionary.com said:
vain
—Idiom
6. in vain,
a. without effect or avail; to no purpose: to apologize in vain.

I just changed ownership of the unit to a Computer player. :slp:

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.