• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Hide Ability Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello! Is there a way to hide ability icons at the heroes UI? Because I'd like to hide an ability that is just a temp-ability for my ability. The thing is I know this can be done with the spellbook thing, but is there any other way? Why do this ability appear when the Item Damage Bonus ability and such won't appear?

Thanks.

Level 19
If it's a Hero ability, it will appear :)
Stats - Hero ability (this is the field I'm speaking of).
The other ones are not active and have nothing to display, copy the icon field of theirs (Art - Icon) and you'll see that they still appear. Spell book is the only solution.

I know what you're speaking off :)

I got my temp ability as an item ability because I thought that would help, but well... That's why I created this thread, it didn't help. So, I'll have to use the spellbook then I just hope it will help. I hope I can be able to remove and add the spellbook with triggers without it appearing and such? Because it's an item that will have the ability and every hero shall be able to use the item and I don't want to add the spellbook to every hero I've got...

Level 37
This will prevent the spellbook from showing up:

• For each (Integer A) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Disable Spell Book Onslaught for (Player((Integer A)))
Then add a trigger "Unit acquires an item" and add the spellbook to the unit. Same thing with "Unit Loses an item", remove the ability. But you need to check that the unit really has no items of that type.

Level 19
This will prevent the spellbook from showing up:

• For each (Integer A) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Disable Spell Book Onslaught for (Player((Integer A)))
Then add a trigger "Unit acquires an item" and add the spellbook to the unit. Same thing with "Unit Loses an item", remove the ability. But you need to check that the unit really has no items of that type.

I know how this spellbook thing works and everyhing else. It's an active item, only then shall the temp ability be added so your events isn't necessary :)

I'll do this asap. thanks to you both, +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.