• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hidden bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
At this link http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...hided-hidden-blizzard-icons-resources-109128/ you can see hidden models/icons from blizzard.
Im using the bridge: Doodads\LordaeronSummer\Structures\LordaeronBridge\LordaeronBridge.mdl

The bridge looks like u can use it with 2 cliffs high instead of 1. (example: normal bridges can go over shallow water not deep water. this bridge is higher so i think it should be possible)

My problem is that i cant walk over it. Maybe i have to change the pathing texture? but i dont know to what.

Level 28
That might have to do with the angle of the model.
If you based the bridge on a horizontal or vertical bridge, it will fail (because the model of the bridge is diagonal).

All you have to do is set the pathing texture to "PathTextures\CityBridgeExtraLarge45.tga".
(That is: in the object editor, the "Destructibles" tab, Bridges/Ramps, I based my bridge on the "Last hope Bridge (Horizontal)".
Change the model to the hidden model and "Pathin - Pathing Texture" to what I said above.

Level 7
The bridge that im talking about is alot bigger then the last hope bridge.
Does anyone have the right pathing texture for:
Doodads\LordaeronSummer\Structures\LordaeronBridge\LordaeronBridge.mdl

note: its not a costum model

Level 28
In that case, you can still create your own pathing texture.
It's not that hard, really...

All you need is a decent image editor (paint.net works fine).
There are quite a few colors that represent certain pathing types (e.g.: Blue = unbuildable, magenta = unwalkable, white = unflyable and then you've got combinations of those).
Another thing you need to know is that 1 pixel converts to a 32x32 square in warcraft.

I attached an enormously large pathing texture for a diagonal bridge, you might want to rescale it to something that fits for your bridge though (48x48 perhaps? I don't know).

Just import it and use it as a pathing texture... (and use any image editor to rescale it, which you probably need to do).

Attachments

• TestBridgePath.tga
    16 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.