• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Melee] Heroes in creep mobs.

Level 6
Well, I had an idea for a themed melee map where a couple of the creep camps had actual level 10 Hero units as sort of "the leaders" or whatever. Say, Black Temple layout with Pit Lord, Dreadlord or any Demon-y type Hero.

How do people generally feel about that? Do you include Hero units to the Neutral Hostile pool, or do you keep it strictly non-Hero? It's just fluff, really, and strictly speaking not terribly necessary, but I found the idea neat.

Level 11
As long as the heroes fit the creeps (no Storm Wyrms leading Bandits or the weird combinations Blizzard has) it would be interesting for me.

I feel like creeps are underused and with little feature beyond killing and looting. Whole creep camps with structures and heroes would be awesome, but maps would have to be bigger to allow for this.

Level 35
I think I've actually seen people do this before, and I think as long as it's thematically appropriate then there's no harm in doing it. I think it might be unpopular for competitive melee gameplay, but it could provide a fun alternative, too.

It does make me wonder how experience gain works for Neutral Hostile heroes, though - if you defeat a level 10 Pit Lord owned by Neutral Hostile, I imagine the same rules apply where if you did it with level 5 heroes, they don't get any additional experience.