1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero_BloodElf.BLP

Submitted by Hayato_Azra
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Well, Some time ago i started a proyect with a friend, bla bla bla, long story short, this is a skin i made for this proyect that we returned to, and im sharing it here.
And im quite proud of how it turned out to be the first skin i make.

Well, thats pretty much all what i can say, please dont flame, and make a constructive critic...
Thanks to Misha for the advice when this skin was in diapers.

Do not redistribute to other sites, and give credit if you use it.

Update.
-Reworked face
-Added more shadows and highligths
- covered some "white spots"

Update n2
- MORE HIGHLIGHTS AND SHADES
- sharpened, not blurry anymore (i think...)
- Added some details; the cape is a little more teared, has some orange details in the spaulders, redid the chest.

Keywords:
Evil, Blood, Warlock, Badass, Awesome, First Skin, Black Elf, Blood Elf
Contents

EvilBloodMage (Texture)

Reviews
14:59, 5th Oct 2009 67chrome: This is to messy and lacks refinement in just about every portion of the skin. Red and black seem to be overused, not being shaded also makes the red especially to look obnoxious. I would advise looking through the...
  1. 14:59, 5th Oct 2009
    67chrome: This is to messy and lacks refinement in just about every portion of the skin. Red and black seem to be overused, not being shaded also makes the red especially to look obnoxious. I would advise looking through the skinning tutorials on this site to gain some new techniques, and look at approved skins on this site that look similar to the way you want your skins to look.

Work on the changes I talked to you about :)

2. Hayato_Azra

Hayato_Azra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Suscribing. Has team color too. Might do an icon if this gets aproved.
    I recomend test on Magos model editor, or in game, since the image of the skin on the top of the page is pretty ugly. Also, a better-res screenshot.

[​IMG]

3. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    ...if those are tattoos or marks on his skin, then you should show the skin texture underneath it as well.

and also... you need more definition, shadows and highlights in overall.

Rating: 2.56/5 Lacking

~Misha~

4. Trillium

Trillium

Resources:
    Resources:
    a bit too undefined and blurry imho

but the idea looks nice

improve it and it'll be a very cool skin

5. HailFireer

HailFireer

Resources:
    Resources:
    It has good potential, but needs more highlighting and shadowing. A little bit blurry too.

6. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The idea is good, but you need to work more on it dude. Shadows, highlights and lesser blurry please. Right now i will rate it 2/5. Good luck with skinning.

7. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It is very nice to see that you are utilizing the ability to make nice effects with the alpha layer, imo the best skins are those who makes the original model irrecognizable due to the clever use of alpha.

Though this is still very basic. Try setting your brush opacity to very low, about 8-25.
    Then you use the color chart to find nice shades and highligts, shades should be more blueish (or at least cold), and highlights should be warmer.
    In warcraft, you especially want to define the highlights in your texture, since it will get both stretched and blurred ingame. A nice help in finding structure is to use filter>sharpen>more sharpen in photoshop, it replicates the blizzard texture sharpness very well.
    That face needs a lot of work too.

8. AbstractCreativity

AbstractCreativity

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Not that bad, but like mentioned by others, it could use some more shading/highlights.
    But the alpha channel usage is pretty nice, and for a first skin this is great.
    In my opinion anyways. A lot better than most first skins.
    3/5 Useful

9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    i think you have enough tips for now :3

have fun editing the skin.

10. PsychoNerdial

PsychoNerdial

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bluuurrry. Needs much more highlights and shading.

11. Hayato_Azra

Hayato_Azra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, so.

-Needs more shadows and highlights.
    I know how to do the shadow part. But im not very clever using highligths yet, but i´ll give it a try.
    I tried to give the model enough shadows and highligths, but i think i can rework them.
    Anyhow, IT HAS shadows and highligths, but it seems they aren´t noticeable enough.
    -Someone mentioned the face, i´ll rework it.

Also, about the "overused red" Please take a look at all the red tones i did, because is not plain red. And its also the concept of the skin itself. And i can point a good quantity of skins that "overuse" a color and are aproved. Some even are DC.
    Needless to say, neither red nor black are overused here.
    Lets suppose i did, what other colors i could use that dont break the skin aesthetically and follow the theme? where?

EDIT: Done updating

See changes
    [​IMG]

And a better-res screenshot...again.
    [​IMG]

I suck at giving ligths, so if it has a bad placed shade/highligth, please point it specifically.
    /its still my first skin/

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  12. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    i think you should get rid of the red stain around neck, it looks rather useless... good job on better face. yeah, the red is overused. perhaps the different color of the cape or shoulders will make difference to good
    and also.. you should be reworking those teared edges of the cloak, into something that has smaller diameter, but deep tears. and also the tears and the left-out parts should have a pointed end, instead of flat
    yeah maybe some should be flat, but not all.

good tips? :3

EDIT: that pants-color would be good for cloak also, or shoulders, as i've mentioned.

13. Hayato_Azra

Hayato_Azra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok. I´ll see what i can do.

Yea, but i like the cloak as it is rigth now, maybe i´ll tear it more, but i really like the dark crimson color on it.

Maybe i´ll add orange-yellow details to the shoulders, but the purple stays in the pants.

I´ll get myself to work once i get the pm im expecting from 67chrome. Or when i get a more precise indication on which parts need extra shade/ligth and how much shade/ligth they need.

14. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I personally think the skin needs more purple, to balance your red. and I'm sure Chrome will agree with me on that as well.

15. Hayato_Azra

Hayato_Azra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually, is almost purely red/black for a specific reason in the proyect. So, no more purple for now, maybe some extra orange as i said before.

EDIT: FINISHED SECOND UPDATE.
    how it envolved
    [​IMG]
    Better Screenshot
    [​IMG]
    A screenshot of the back, which most people haven´t seen because it has only 8 downloads .
    [​IMG]

Gotta go to sleep. 4:30 AM atm and i have to wake up at 8:00.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  16. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    the tears are too even.. i wonder what would happen if you just.. flip the teared part of the cloak

17. Hayato_Azra

Hayato_Azra

Resources:
    Resources:
    wha-?

18. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    like if you have drawn the tears on the cloak in the mirror? like flipped? opposite side?

19. Hayato_Azra

Hayato_Azra

Resources:
    Resources:
    I got it rigth, then. But i think the cloak looks good as it is rigth now (the drawing´s design is arguable, thougth).