• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero - XP tables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Can someone please tell me how all those long and confusing tables work?

How can i know how much experience you need to lvl up if in the tables just say "50,40,30,20,10"

I don't understand the values, and precisely, which are the values for each thing xD

Can someone explain me please? Thanks!

Level 13
Oh that's pretty clear, and what about:

Hero XP Gain - Hero, Table - 100,120,160,220,300
and
Hero XP Gain - Hero, Level Facto - 0.00

What do they mean?

Well for the Table - 100,120,160 etc..
this is the amount of xp you receive for killing a creep/unit at a level.

So lvl1 u get 100 xp lvl 2 u get 120 lvl5 you get 300 (everything after 300 goes up by 100 so a lvl6 will be 400xp)

The lvl factor is just a constant kind of like the hero revive constant

Level Factor, Constant Factor and Previous Value Factor are used to calculate beyond the table.
It's recursive, so let's say that "NeedXP (X)" is the XP you need at level X (to pass level X+1).

NeedXP (X) = PreviousValueFactor * NeedXP (X-1) + LevelFactor * X + ConstantFactor

If you don't set the level max too high, you can define all with the table.
For info, the object editor's tool that allows to set all the levels of an ability field uses the same kind of formula and you can see the results with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.