• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Skill Grid

Level 18
I've found this very useful as I can never remember what all the Button Position - X and Y stuff was meant to be, it's a grid of all the Command Buttons:

0 1 2 3
________
M S A H | 0
P X X + | 1
K K K U | 2

M = Move
S = Stop
A = Attack
H = Hold Position
P = Patrol
X = Empty Slot
+ = Learn Hero Skills
K = Hero Skill
U = Hero Ultimate

Hope it helps you guys as much as it has me!

Level 12
You happen to know the colour scheme? That is something I never figured out. I think it is in hexidecimal but I am not certain.

Level 12
GST_Nemisis said:
aww man hex sucks, i have to learn it for electronics but i dont like it. binary coded decimal is so much easier.

You do know that converting from hex to binary and vice versa is easier than converting either to decimel, right? I freaking love converting those two, I dislike decimel tho as it makes you think a whole lot more. Binary and hex are a hell of a lot easier and faster and, generally, more accurate.

Level 1
Hmmm..I don't really understand...Could you clarify what you are talking about here because I'm kinda lost. Is this hotkeys or commands, to be implemented in JASS, or what?

Level 18
Bwahahahah! Hell no, my speciality is Object Data, and this is for placeing the ability buttons in the right place. Goto Object Editor->Abilities and choose an ability, now see how there's the field 'Art - Button Position - Normal/Research/Turn Off (X/Y)

The grid works with these fields, obviously unit abilities don't require the Research ones, and only abilities that can be turned off/auto-cast require the Turn Off ones (i.e. Avatar, Heal).[/colour]

Level 18
Bwahahahah! Hell no, my speciality is Object Data, and this is for placeing the ability buttons in the right place. Goto Object Editor->Abilities and choose an ability, now see how there's the field 'Art - Button Position - Normal/Research/Turn Off (X/Y)

The grid works with these fields, obviously unit abilities don't require the Research ones, and only abilities that can be turned off/auto-cast require the Turn Off ones (i.e. Avatar, Heal).