• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi

i ll be very swift ...title says all

i took the goblin clockwerk model ( the little toy-like unit spawned by the Poket Factory from a Tanker) and made it into a hero by itself

but the model is tiny :p

i added team glow with magox editor (that warcraft 3 editor i got from this site )

how do i make that model abit larger ? i.e. 1,5 - 2 times larger ?

Level 9
Use this tool and make sure you make it bigger in all dimensions (X, Y and Z).
EDIT: Nevermind then.

EDIT2:Ok, since you asked.

How to edit the size of models with the Oinkerwinkle Geoset Translator

Step 1: Open the Oinkerwinkle Geoset Translator.

Step 2: Open the model you are editing by selecting it in the MDL File section of the window by clicking the three little dots next to it ("..."). Now find your model and select it.

Step 3: Click the three little dots below the ones you just used and enter the filename for the new model (the one you're making). Something like "NewModel" or "Bigger[Previous Filename]".

Step 4: Enter the scale of the new model in the three fields titled scale found on the right side of the window. Make sure you enter the same value into all the fields or the model will be distorted.

Step 5: Convert the new model back into .mdx format and you're done. Congratulations!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.