• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Shapeshifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Okay, in my Dungeon-Crawl map, Lair of the Dark Messiah, there's a hero that basically acts like the Druid of the Claw/Talon, in that it can shapeshift into different forms.

The only problem is, being a hero, it has to work differently. How do I make the Bear Form (and other spells like it) change the hero to a different one (Without using replace) but retaining:

The hero's name
The hero's experience
and the hero's items?

Also, when it shifts back, I want it to retain these things too. Help?

Level 2
well as far as i remember you can change the skills of the metamorphosis unit, so you get unique skills for that form.

Oh and btw, remember not to use metamorphosis for more than one form on that hero.

Level 11
I did something like this in my Dark Sun RPG map for the Druid class, the Druid has his normal form in which he can cast spells and such then can shift to his bear form for more melee oriented abilities.

I personally did not use Metamorphosis or Avatar for this as the buffs can be quite annoying in keeping the classe balanced.

I just used the Shapeshift ability from the normal Druid of the Claw and tweeked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.