• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple Shapeshift Forms on the same hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've tried various methods to easily allow shapeshifting for a hero between multiple different forms, but I'm unsure as to how I'd do it without the use of triggers (I'm trying not to use triggers, but if I absolutely have to, I will :bored:).

The hero has three different forms it can shapeshift into. With the "Shifting disables alternate abilities" in the game constants menu toggled to false, Shifting into another form still shows the capability to transform into all of the other forms as well, which causes a problem with my button spaces as I want these alternate forms to have their own unique abilities (not hero abilities, just unit abilities). With the option toggled to true, the only ability I can EVER see in the alternate forms is the ability to shift back.

I fear the only way to resolve this is some sort of "save unit/replace unit" trigger, but I'm most certainly open to any other methods.

Level 4
Now I'm not entirely sure about this, and this is purely a suggestion, but I think having the hero turn into a normal unit may help this. I'm not positive though.. GL in anycase.

Level 4
lol..

If that doesn't work you can always just make a trigger that goes like:

Unit starts effects of ability
Ability equal to PwnageForm
Give unit (whatever abilities)

and another one

Unit starts effects of abilitiy
abilitiy equal to CancelPwnageForm
Remove abilities from unit

You get the idea.

Level 5
Have you tried making a bear form of him, and giving the second form of him the abilities you want, while the original will only have the original abilities you gave him. Same thing with crow form, make another version of him, but with the abilities you want him to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.