• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shapeshifting into a Snap Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I'm trying to create a new Druid unit that turns into "Aquatic Form". I want the Druid to be able to shapeshift into a creature that uses the Naga Snapdragon model, however every time I shapeshift or place that unit into the map already shapeshifted, it always shows the submerged model, not the base one.

Anyone know how to fix this? I think it's trying to treat the submerged snapdragon model as the "alternate" form in terms of the ability but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance

Level 39
Tested and it is simply inheriting the alternate animation tag. I was unable to avoid this behavior even when deleting all entries under Art - Required Animation Names, Art - Required Attachment Link Names, and Art - Required Bone Names from the morphed form unit in the OE (all of which specify alternate or alternateex on DotC Bear Form by default). This trigger did remove the tag simply; it's one of the rare cases where "finishes casting" is necessary:

• UnBear
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to MORPH_ABIL
    • Actions
      • Animation - Remove the alternate animation tag to (Triggering unit)

Level 1
So just so I know I'm understanding that correctly. I need to create a custom event that "listens" for the "Aquatic Form" spell to be cast, waits for the spell to finish casting, and then removes the alternate animation tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.