• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shapeshift/All Spells gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,
at the moment i'm working on a WoW based map, but i have a problem with the Shapeshifting Spells of Shamans and Druids... Every hero has about 25 Spells( i put em all in Spellbooks). I tried a few different things, Bearform, RoboGoblin(That tinker spell), the Shapeshift Spell from Demon Hunter, but none of them works correctly. I even tried with triggers by replacing The hero with his alternative form. The Ghost Wolf shouldn't be able to attack or cast any Spells, but he should be able to hold/keep all items. Easy so far. But my problem is, that if u Shapeshift, all Spellbooks(Hero ability) are empty, even if u shift back they stay empty... If i trigger the shift, it works pretty well, but i have to reskill all hero abilitys ( 3 Spells with each 20 levels), and i can't accept that because you have to chase enemys with Ghost form and Nuke em with your last Spell...

Help plz ;)

Level 1
i have, if i wouldn't have differnet id's, all spells would be in the same book, but they aren't, my problem is that if u shapeshift alle books are empty!
and the spells won't come back

Level 2
Here is a function that makes the unit's abilities permanent when morphing.

Use this function:

JASS:
call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent( GetSpellAbilityUnit(), true,'<Your Ability's ID>' )

"GetSpellAbilityUnit" is the same as "Casting Unit" in GUI. So that gives you an idea on how to implement it. Just add this with the fields put in with the Custom Script action.

Hope that helped.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you're going to have to do this for each ability in the Spellbook, and the Spellbook itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.