• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
There once was a campaign...i don't know if anyone is familiar with it, called Hero RPG, it was a campaign scenario that was based off FF, and had a simplified FF Battle System, which for me was the key feature that set it apart from any campaign to date...Unfortunately the maker quit before he could finish the map...there is a whole thread regarding the map at WC3C, you can look at it and download it at

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=82674

The purpose of this thread is to hopefully spur some map maker to continue this awesome campaign, or even someone to use these systems in their map(s).

(Note this is a CAMPAIGN, its size is approximately 45MB).

Last edited:
Level 3
Hmm sounds interesting Before i read this post i was currently making a Hero wars ORPG... ill have to check this out if you would like to help drop me a Tell on this or at KoE-Death@azeroth east

P.S. i am taking a break from this map ATM but would like to Get some one to help em with the ideas

Has it been made open srouce or something? Or are they simply recruiting more mappers to help finish it?

I personally thought Hero RPG was one of the most impressive user-made campaigns for WC3.
-VGsatomi

For me it was THE best campaign ever. Everything was great. But of course, its not finished.

Level 11
I think it's pretty well known that most of the most promising maps were never finished, Oh and i believe the author of the map wouldn't of left them unprotected if he didn't want people continuing his work hmm?

Back ontopic, these maps ARE open source for any daring map maker who would wish to finish the work already begun...don't forget he specificly mentioned that using the systems was not only allowed, but encouraged. The unprotected maps have alot of invalid object IDs when i open it up in WEU however.

Status
Not open for further replies.