• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero limit per Techlvl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all,

I made some custom heros and want to implement them into a melee-map.

Everything works great, there is just one thing:

I can recruit all three heroes without upgrading the townhall first.

I don't know why; I set in the object editor at 'technology-tree - conditions - Niveu 2' the (custom) townhall lvl2, but it looks like it don't work with this.

Where/how can I define that you can train only 1 hero on every townhall lvl?

Thanks for help!

Greez

Level 18
add them in gameplay constants
223791-albums8824-picture107843.jpg

Level 29
If you want custom heroes to be applicable in melee map, you need to do this trick:
1.Add the custom heroes to Gameplay Constants, in the field called "Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Hero".
2.Create a trigger and make sure that each custom heroes can only be trained once. This requires a little research.
3.In Object Editor, set the following values for each custom heroes:
"Techtree - Requirements - Tier 2" = Any tier 2 halls (Keep, Stronghold, Halls of the Dead, Tree of Ages).
"Techtree - Requirements - Tier 3" = Any tier 3 halls (Castle, Fortress, Black Citadel, Tree of Eternity).
"Techtree - Requirements - Tiers Used" = 3 (setting to 0 will produce an unlimited hero bug, which you don't want).
Also, make sure to edit the specific Altar buildings so that custom heroes can be trainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.