• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Level-Up Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
It comes from an ability which I believe all heroes have. You can't see it though as it is hidden in the world editor so it's a bit more fiddly to change than you might have hoped.

I hope someone else can confirm or expand upon my limited answer.

Aher (Hero): The hero ability specifies the level up effect of heroes in its caster art field. You'll need a customized AbilityData.slk file in order to get this ability displayed in the editor. Simply set the useInEditor flag to 1 in that file.

Source: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81742

Level 20
do u mean how to change the effect that is made when a hero lvls up ?
Exactly.

It comes from an ability which I believe all heroes have. You can't see it though as it is hidden in the world editor so it's a bit more fiddly to change than you might have hoped.

I hope someone else can confirm or expand upon my limited answer.
Do you have any idea on how can i get that "AbilityData.slk"?

Level 20
Oh, just grab an effect model you like, import it in WE and use this custom path for the model: Abilities\Spells\Other\Levelup\Levelupcaster.mdx. This should do it just right.
Oh thanks, it works like a charm! :')

But I do know it only applies for skins and not models..... Well, does it apply for models too?
It does ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.