• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Display hero level up effect

Level 2
I have created a custom hero using a custom hero model of shrek.

When my custom hero "Shrek" gains a level, he doesn't display the level up effect.
This happens after I changed the property "Art - Model File" from default to my imported model.

I need help figuring out how to display the level up effect, while still using a custom hero model.
Does anyone know how to do this?

The effect shown in the picture is missing, when I use my custom hero model.
Screenshot 2023-07-30 14.35.35.png

The attached zip file contains a test-map and the imported model files.

Attachments

• ashrekmap.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Level 17
My hypothesis (without checking your model or your map) is that your new model does not have proper attachment points set. I think the hero levelup effect is probably attached to either the "origin" or the "overhead" attachment point. (I have never tested or looked into this, just an educated guess)

If these hold true, then you either need to edit the model to give it attachment points, or you need to use a simple trigger to play a level up special effect whenever Shrek levels up.