• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
As I searched for this, there was no other version, that changed color itself..

The model already has all colors itself, but you have to trigger it, to make it work.
Set it to a color that isn't used, like black, and then change it back to original color, for Player1 would be red, Player2 blue and so on.. then it'll work..

You have to do this each time the Hero gets created, revived or added in another way to the map..

Level 6
Hmph, I think the HERO GLOW model is better to use, if that is what he is after ( and I'm guessing he is )

Don't really follow you Tr!KzZ, but, if you're referring to the HERO GLOW model, it does that automatically, you can just use the "sphere" ability and add it to the hero without any concern about triggers.

If you meant something else, then disregard the first statements! :cute:

Level 18
I downloaded some Hero Glow model here on hive, then imported it in my map and attached it to a Unit, that should get Glow.. As I played on battle.net "all" people got red colored glows.. so I tried finding another Hero Glow Model with Teamcolors.. but that happend to all Glows I tried.. till a good friend of mine told me to set the Hero Glow Color, after attached to a Unit, to Black and then back to the Color the Player normally has, for example to Green, or Light Blue.. and it worked.. that was, what I wanted to say.. The Hero Glow works, but you have to set the colors manual InGame.

Level 20
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Druid 0011 <gen> using war3mapImported\GlowBlack.mdx
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Player - Change color of Player 1 (Red) to Black, Changing color of existing units
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Player - Change color of Player 1 (Red) to Red, Changing color of existing units
I dont get it? Doesnt work.

I also tried the same with "Sphere".

Level 18
you dont need a wait. Also, i'd use the glow.mdx, not glowblack.

wait can be used like he wants.. but yea no need of it, although I would use some wait of 0,01 at least.. looks a bit better and works saver?! dunno.. i just like to use it hehe

I sent him the link to the right Glow Model, he used the black one.. it's wrong.
Problem were solved, unneccesary post ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.