• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero freezes after trigger is run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
After the trigger is run my hero will freeze up when right clicking any unit. I've tested by using other units to right click units after the trigger is run, but they don't freeze up. I've determined that the custom abilities on the unit are making it freeze up after the trigger is run.

Instead of dealing with the abilities, I'd think it would be better to deal with the trigger, and hopefully someone can figure it out.

• Hint1 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Buy Hint
      • ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold) Not equal to 0
      • (Hero level of (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Player - Set (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold to (((Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold) - 1)
      • Unit - Create 1 Hint 1 for Player 9 (Gray) at (Point(-8786.50, 8365.30)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Sound - Play LightningBolt1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Last created unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Last created unit)) using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on Hint2 1 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Maybe someone can offer a trigger to unfreeze the unit.

Edit: Solved it myself. Thanks for not helping guys :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 6
well it doesn't look like it is MUI if that's a problem.

What if the hero quickly cancels and recasts the ability before the 1 second is up?

Level 3
sometime its usefull for other people that you say the way you fixed it :p

The problem was actually the ability. The ability I originally had was edited off of the Avatar ability. So I decided to edit it from the Berserk ability. Which worked.

Level 6

I was just pointing that out, because I figured that even if Robofish has solved the original problem, he probably didn't realize that there is another problem too. I figured I'd point it out now so he wouldn't find out the hard way in a publicly released version.

Level 3
What if the hero quickly cancels and recasts the ability before the 1 second is up?

Impossible. The trigger begins as soon as the ability is cast, and the cool down stars directly after that. No chance of canceling it. Which is a problem...

But thanks for pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.