• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero emits light when selected (see pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Hello, I'm not too sure what is going on here. I have a hero with the default Arthas model and CloudWolf's Turalyon skin. When you select the Hero a light is emitted near it at a fixed position. See the pictures attached below for a better understanding. In picture 1 I don't have the hero selected, and in picture 2 I do. This is the only unit that seems to be doing this.

It's not a big deal, but if anyone knows why this is happening or how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • 2.png
    2.png
    860.5 KB · Views: 65
Level 21
This is a known bug; lights contained within portrait models (e.g. portrait of Crypt Lord, Arthas, Jaina, Harpies, Thunder Lizard, Kodo Beast, Proudmoore) somehow leak into the game world and cause the center of the map (spatial positioning of 0,0) to get brighter while the portrait is displayed.

Are you using the newest patch? This was allegedly fixed in one of the recent patches, if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.