• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with Dummy based on heroes (like "fake illusions"), the problem is that they reduce the experience gained by the original hero even if I use "SuspendHeroXP", I need to know if there is any way to allow the normal hero gain the whole experience, instead of sharing with the "fake illusion".

Fake Illusion is a hero like the original, but, without Dying Message, Minimap Icon or Screen Icon. It also have the "locust" ability to make it impossible to be selected or controled.

Thank you.

Level 5
im not on my personal comp right now, but, maybe u can make a trigger to divert the gained exp of the 'fake illusion' to the real hero. im not sure theres a trigger like that ill look into it when i get home. u can always use jass if u want though.

Level 20
If you have a triggered Experience System, just create an "If Then Else" to exclude the Dummy unit type.

If you don't, set the dummy hero level to max and remove the "Max level heroes takes exp" or something like that data field in the Game Constants.

Suggestion: Create your own experience system.

Level 5
If you have a triggered Experience System, just create an "If Then Else" to exclude the Dummy unit type.

If you don't, set the dummy hero level to max and remove the "Max level heroes takes exp" or something like that data field in the Game Constants.

Suggestion: Create your own experience system.

You mean through JASS right? When a unit dies to give experience around?

Cause giving the dummy max level will increase his attributes above the original and I don't want that.

Level 20
Why do you need stats in a dummy hero?
What is it for?
Does it get experience in some way?
Its level takes part in the gameplay?

It can be GUI or JASS... the thing is, a triggered experience system is easier to work with than Wc3 default, only if Wc3 default system doesn't fit your needs.

Level 5
The Dummy actually attacks like the hero, I need his attributes (Str, Agi, Int) to make his attack equal to the hero's attack (like illusions itself), but it sometimes also cast abilities and uses items (Is like an uncontrolable Image of your hero... Like the Assassin's Shadow from Diablo II), if you cast blink, it blinks after you, if you attack the target, it attacks the same target as you (with the same attack), if you use an item, it uses it as well, but this image are not able to level-up, and gains no experience, exactly like Shadow from Diablo II. I know there is a way to do it, cause I remember seen it in a map, I just don't remeber what map exactly.

Br0

Br0

Level 4
Events
Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Hero - Add (Hero experience of hero[2]) experience to hero[1], Show level-up graphics
Hero - Set hero[2] experience to 0, Hide level-up graphics
Hero - Set hero[2] Hero-level to (Hero level of hero[1]), Show level-up graphics

Set Hero[1] = Main hero
Set Hero[2] = Illusion/Shadow

Br0

Br0

Level 4
Isn't that basically almost like mine, also enabling and disabling will most likely cause glitches/bugs, and you really should switch to a custom XP system.

Status
Not open for further replies.