• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Customizer

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Basically this is a simple hero customization map. DONT FORGET TO READ THE INFO OR YOU WILL NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keywords:
hero, w3x
Contents

Hero Customizer (Map)

Reviews
11:09, 24th May 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected You have received 1 infraction point which lasts 4 months. Upload another map like this and you're banned until one of the infraction points expire (though your next one will be permanent).

M

11:09, 24th May 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

You have received 1 infraction point which lasts 4 months.
Upload another map like this and you're banned until one of the infraction points expire (though your next one will be permanent).

Ok let see...

Things that I like:

Things that I don't like:

1st - Map Description
2nd - Epic triggers like this:

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Step 1 with the description To start, type in t..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Step 2 with the description You Will see a bunc..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
      • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)
OMG with this, game will last 1 or 2 sec!
  • Blocks
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Guard (Male 2) for Neutral Passive at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Guard (Male 2) for Neutral Passive at (Center of Region 002 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Guard (Male 2) for Neutral Passive at (Center of Region 003 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Guard (Male 2) for Neutral Passive at (Center of Region 004 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Guard (Male 2) for Neutral Passive at (Center of Region 005 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Memory leaks

3th - Terrain, well there is no terrain!
4th - 10 placed units, 1 custom ability and what???
5th - No custom loading screen, map preview!

Word or 2 to Author:

I think that map isn't finished jet, use Map Development forum for that! You can make thread there upload your map so people can tell you what they think just like here! Also for any help with triggers or how to clean memory leaks post triggers and create threads here Triggers & Scripts! Btw if you need any help with WE we have World Editor Help Zone here on THW! And at the end if you need any resource from icons to loading screens check this out Requests!

1/5 Vote for Rejection
Map is Reported

Level 6
I'm sorry,
I'm usually a very constructive person in my mind, but come on...
seriously?
you really uploaded this?
and were able to select yes, when it asked you if you read the rules and agree to abide by them?
come on...
I wouldnt give this a 0/5 because 0 would feel bad.

Level 6
sorry, i deeply apologize, my last review was before i downloaded the map.
heres my official review. officially.

CWeener's Review

Reviewing the map "Hero Customizer"

Rating System (in weener points:)

1-10 Originality
1-10 Replayability (discounted for cinematics*)
1-10 Triggering (discounted for protected maps*)
1-10 Terraining
1-10 Object Managing (custom items and destructibles etc...)
1-10 Spells (if applies**)
1-10 Description
1-15 Engaging a.k.a. fun to play
1-15 Misc (size, system implementation, laginess etc...)
-100 or +100 for abiding by THW rules.
* = when one is discounted then other sections maximums are raised, and those sections are judged harder (if your map applies then it will show you what i raised later)
** = some maps dont really need spells so this section is discounted and given an automatic 10.
Rating System Scores

Less than 100 = FF- (Reported, You clearly didnt abide by all of the posting rules, and i have reported you for (not) doing so.)
100-150 Points = F- (Rancid and Needs major work. Vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
151-160 Points = F (Bad and Needs work. vote for Rejection and no +rep.)
161-170 Points = D (Below Average and Needs much updating. has potential. vote for rejection and no +rep.)
171-180 Points = C (Okay but Needs updates. has potential. vote for rejection* and no +rep.)
181-190 Points = B (Good but still not reaching full potential vote for approval but no +rep)
191-199 Points = A (Great and probably has reached full potential**. good job. vote for approval and +rep.)
200 Points = A+ (Amazing, you did everything right and went all out, approval and +rep)

* = depending on the map really, and what categories it scored low in
** = not always but most cases.
Hero Customizer Scores

1-10 Originality *10* this is original. nobody else would have the balls to make something this bad on THW
1-10 Replayability *0* not even playable once.
1-10 Triggering *0* you couldn't even remove melee trigger? is there a purpose for that? or does the right button on your mouse not work, and your DEL key...
1-10 Terraining *0* no terrain at all TBH
1-10 Object Managing *0* no work there.
1-10 Spells *0* default spells.
1-10 Description *0* (no comment)
1-15 Engaging *0* wth just happened?
1-15 Misc *0* I'm lost.
-100 or 100 Rules *-100* worst map I've ever had the displeasure to review.
0-200 All-in-all *11* you should work on everything. but first delete this map abomination.

-
If any map ive reviewed has been updated, feel free the ask me to re-review it. or if i haven't reviewed YOUR map, feel free to ask me. :)