• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Choosing Without Taverns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Everyone,

I wanna make a game that people start with a wisp
and can go into a circle of power and then get that hero

1. I dont know how to make a wisp as starting unit
2. I dont know when the wisp gets in the cirlce he gets that hero

Thx

Level 4
help

Well, to make a wisp as a starting unit, go the Object Editor. Open the Night Elf folder and click the wisp. Remove all the wisps abilities.

For the trigger, I usually do something like...

Event
Unit comes within 65 of (Circle of power 0000)
Conditions
Unit Type of(Triggering unit) equal to (Wisp)
Action
Create 1 (Insert Hero Type Here) for (Owner of(Triggering Unit)) at (Insert Region here)
Unit - Remove (Triggering Unit) from game

That's just a basic thing...I can't give you an actual trigger because I dont have my editor on this computer...but that's a basic outline of the trigger.

Level 2
but how to make a trigger, i dont understand all those tutorials, i can only choose from a list, and now what all the pictures says

Level 13
open your map, press F4 then the trigger editor appears, then press Strg+T to create a new trigger, there you can chose events, conditions and actions

but i advise you to try to understand the tutorials, otherwise you won't have any chance, i would give you screenshots, but my world editor is german

(PS if you understand german tell me but otherwise any screenshots won't help you much)

Status
Not open for further replies.