• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Start Location (Specific Unit) Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Alright, well I've just come back to map making after about 4 years.
At this point... I'm clueless.
I sadly cannot remember a thing, other than basic triggers, and terrain. :confused:

If someone could list step by step how I would make a starting unit in the map a wisp, such as one who'd be used to choose a hero from a tavern... that'd be fantastic.

Please keep in mind that all players would use this same starting location for their wisps, to choose heroes. So I would also need to know how to make the wisp invulnerable I'd imagine.

Thanks in advance!

Level 3
1.Use the Unit - Create action at Map Initialization to create wisps at starting positions.
2.To make the wisp invulnerable, create a custom unit based off water elemental level 1, remove it's attacks, set it's hp to <unknown> and chage it's model to a wisp one. Then add a custom ability if you say you are new. It would be much easier using triggers if you want a sample ask for it okay?

Level 5
This might help

Made a map with what you want on it. If there's any problem tell me.

Attachments

• This might help.w3m
    17.1 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.