• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Captain / Hero Captain Dead

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
A pair of models I've made for a project of mine. Nothing amazing or revolutionary, but they might be useful for someone, so I'll upload them here.

The dead version was inspired by this icon by murlocologist.

Update 1: Added a little more detailed variant of the human version, keeping the old ones in case someone likes them better. Updated undead variant coming soon-ish.
Update 2: Added a more detailed variant of the dead captain. He has a fancy hat!
Previews
Contents

Captain Albrecht (Model)

Captain Albrecht Portrait (Model)

Dead Albrecht (Model)

Dead Albrecht Portrait (Model)

Hero Captain (Model)

Hero Captain Dead (Model)

HeroCaptainDead_Portrait (Model)

HeroCaptain_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Very bland and kinda uninspired. Maybe you find a way to make them look different from each other more strongly and also have them a cooler look in general.
Level 19
Sorry, but other than the sword this one is very bland. The execution is alright, but as you said nothing new. Gets worse because it was after you posted all the other models, and saw you can do better and cooler stuff.
That is a fair criticism I suppose. One of these days I'll get around to modifying them and make them more diverse from eachother, but for right now they fit my needs.

Level 19
Been thinking on a few ideas. I think I'll give the living one a pauldron and a helmet of some kind, while the undead one will remain unhelmeted and get some other details; skulls, chains etc. I'm not home right now, but I might get a chance to look into it tonight.

Level 19
So, I've added two new variants. I am keeping the old ones in case someone prefers the simpler, cleaner versions.

The new human variant has some additional accessories as well as new pauldrons. I didin't go overboard with details as I didn't really have any amazing ideas of what else to add and didn't want to add uneccessary details just for the sake of adding things. I wanted to give him a helmet too, but couldn't quite nail the look of it, so that idea rests for now. For the new undead variant I had some more ideas, and added a single, large pauldron, a tattered fur cloak he stole from some poor beastmaster he probably murdered, chains to keep everything in place, and a fur hat inspired by russian clothing and a piece of concept art I stumbled across on DeviantART. I think it turned out pretty nice.

Level 17
Does it suffer issues in terms of a model, or is it just the not enough free hand critique playing its part, because i might want to use it.