• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Hero building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do I make a hero/bulding?

I'm making a TD and I want some towers to be able to gain XP and level up just like a normal hero.

Level 39
If you set movement = none then the unit won't turn to face targets it attacks. Normally this is irrelevant for buildings but as a hero model file that could be necessary. Instead you can leave movement at its normal value and set the unit's "propulsion window" (might be just called prop window, unsure) to 0. You'll need to shift+double-click to allow putting 0 in that field but it should work with just that set.

Level 3
How do I make a hero/bulding?

I'm making a TD and I want some towers to be able to gain XP and level up just like a normal hero.
Do not make a building hero, it will crash map.
You can have a variable store that building's "experience" and use trigger to add xp each time it kill, each time a enemy die within xp gain range... When the tower get enough xp to "level up" simply level up an upgrade exclusive to that tower(you can even raise range with this!). All will be done by trigger.
But in this way, the building cannot use item, or get benefit from it. Maybe some expert can help you with this aspect.

Level 2
The "Blizzard TD" which is in the game by default also has hero towers, maybe check out how it's done there. you can find it under Frozen Throne scenarios.

I looked it up and the towers are based on Archmage, with flying movement and 0 speed. Thanks for your help

Level 3
Come on dude, this is not at all true. Have you tried or tested this? No you haven’t because it works fine.
Well, thank you. I read somewhere in hive that create hero building will crash map, and my PC is weak, so im afraid of crashing stuff, therefore i do not dare test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.