1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Hero building

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Kadakash, Apr 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kadakash

Kadakash

Resources:
    Resources:
    How do I make a hero/bulding?

I'm making a TD and I want some towers to be able to gain XP and level up just like a normal hero.

2. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Change movement type to none, model file to a tower.

Then if you set "is a structure" equal to true then I am pretty sure it will be buildable by builders. Remember ground pathing as well.

3. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If you set movement = none then the unit won't turn to face targets it attacks. Normally this is irrelevant for buildings but as a hero model file that could be necessary. Instead you can leave movement at its normal value and set the unit's "propulsion window" (might be just called prop window, unsure) to 0. You'll need to shift+double-click to allow putting 0 in that field but it should work with just that set.

4. Kurnelia'zooz

Kurnelia'zooz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do not make a building hero, it will crash map.
    You can have a variable store that building's "experience" and use trigger to add xp each time it kill, each time a enemy die within xp gain range... When the tower get enough xp to "level up" simply level up an upgrade exclusive to that tower(you can even raise range with this!). All will be done by trigger.
    But in this way, the building cannot use item, or get benefit from it. Maybe some expert can help you with this aspect.

5. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Come on dude, this is not at all true. Have you tried or tested this? No you haven’t because it works fine.

6. UreDe4D

UreDe4D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The "Blizzard TD" which is in the game by default also has hero towers, maybe check out how it's done there. you can find it under Frozen Throne scenarios.

7. Kadakash

Kadakash

Resources:
    Resources:
    I looked it up and the towers are based on Archmage, with flying movement and 0 speed. Thanks for your help

8. Kurnelia'zooz

Kurnelia'zooz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, thank you. I read somewhere in hive that create hero building will crash map, and my PC is weak, so im afraid of crashing stuff, therefore i do not dare test it.

9. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Crashing a map while playing it doesn’t corrupt the map or affect your PC in any way. It just means the wc3 process stopped being able to run the map so the game instance exited abruptly.