• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Arena Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello Haha as you can see im making another map now, so heres a map for my armageddon series, the armageddon hero arena :).

the problem is i cant figure out how to make my boss fght work, i got the spawning right but the proble is i can spawn him more than once i dont want that, also when i try to give the bonus experience and gold for killing him i tried many triggers, one even gave the dieing boss the lvl up O_O anyways i need a working trigger that will make a dialog appear to every1 thats says who killed him, how much experience and gold he got, and to give that player the experience and gold, And my Pick a hero wisp thing always give you two wips instead of one, i think my repick system is screwed. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 17
Post 1:
Is it OK if I remake a lot of stuff? Like for instance Hero Taverns, Trigger Revival and stuff like that?

Also, would you like me to add a multiboard to show Kills, Deaths and level?

EDIT @ 10:54am (GMT): I have finally completed this, but want the Multiboard etc etc?

Post 2:
Sorry, thought you might of wanted the map :p

Remember, just PM me if you need any more help :)

EDIT: Oh god... Sorry for the double post :O

Attachments

• Armageddon Hero Arena.w3x
    803.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 4
well it doesnt matter how its done i just need all the basics for it, and yes i would like a multi board, and also could you make it so that you can choose how many kills u need to win? starting from 20, then goes to 30,then 50? and if you could do that for me id be glad and yes u can make trigger revival, also the way i got the choose a hero, if it causes lag yes you may make a tavern and fix the other stuff

Level 4
u gottago to bed? wow u must live far away from canada and im just gonna test out the new triggers right now, ill be sure to give u cred for helpin out my map man :) also it would be nice if you could add an omnislash trigger for my omnislash skill, like they have in dota, i will PM u a site if you dont know how, maybe i can find a site :) also wait for me to finish my omnislash skill for my chaos knight, its a trigger spell, ill give u the mao when im done the trigger, thankyou :)

Last edited:
Level 17
Yeah I live in England so...

I'll start preparing the triggers 'til you upload the map!

EDIT:

An omnislash trigger you say? That's take a lot of Jass, and unfortunately I know nothing about jass and coding, I'll learn it this friday when my holidays start!

Another Edit: The hero selection you have now won't cause lag, but to many units alive on startup and it will lag..
20 30 and 50 seems a little small, your skill are pretty strong ingame. I'll make them 50 100 and 150!
Shall I add a random selection in the tavern aswell?
You also might want a 10 second cinematic at the start to introduce the map and search for laggers, shall I add that to?
I also thought, maybe I could add 2 cinematics at the end, one for the winning team, one for the losing team!

Last edited:
Level 4
Ok Heres the map, seems like my omnislash isnt working, some1 gace me a tutorial, but for some reason its not working, i could use some help with it to if you dont mind? im sorry about the bother man X_X ill greatly appreciate it.:infl_thumbs_up: and yes you can add the cinematics, yes u can have a random selection,

Attachments

• Armageddon Hero Arena.w3x
    806.8 KB · Views: 92
Level 17
Sorry but I might be working on this pretty slowly, I'm having problems updating WC and with my internet, meaning if I can't update then I don't get all the triggers etc etc.

EDIT:

I made a to do list :3

To Do List!

Omnislash Trigger
Reduce Lag
Winning Conditions
Hero Tavern for each team
10 second cinematic
Winning and Losing cinematic @ End
Trigger Revival
Fix levels in multiboard

Last edited:
Level 17
Uhhh... What sort of a loading screen do you need? I could implement one in no time at all.

What do you mean show the actual map? The minimap image?

Nah, fade filter is in game :D

EDIT:

Just updating the To Do list

Omnislash Trigger (Can't get my head 'round it)
Winning Conditions
Hero Tavern for each team (Workin on it)
10 second cinematic
Winning and Losing cinematic @ End
Trigger Revival
Fix levels in multiboard
Loading Screen
Minimap Image

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.