• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am trying to make a 8.37 MB (8,786,072 bytes) World Editor Map.. And I want it to work on B.Net but it says when I try to create it, "The map file is to big". That does not make any sense because there are even bigger maps that other people made, like Tree Tag XI or Castle Defense or FF Maul.. Those maps are way bigger than my map.. :? Is there any possible way so my map can work on the B.Net like the other big maps?

Level 22
Tree tag and maul maps are usually only a few hundred kb. Only 4 meg (or 3.99 megs, to be exact) maps are allowed for transfer over B.net. Maps larger then that can only be played multiplayer if it's over LAN. So if you want it tp be played on b.net, you might want to make a seperate "light" version and weed out some models/music or whatever's taking up so much space until it's dropped below 4.
-VGsatomi

Level 1
To get your map this large you must have imported somehtign huge. Like music or much graphics. Maps themselves are quite small.

Status
Not open for further replies.